Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Any word on phase 2 of this thing? Weren't there rumblings a few months back that LH was putting out feelers on a second tower (16 floors?) at the northeast corner. 

I doubt anything under 22 floors goes anywhere on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I came off as calloused and cruel to some people but it's not the workers at the site protesting. It's other people. Having a gathering honoring him and recognizing the dangers would be a wonderful gesture and it makes sense to want this fully investigated. And it is/was being investigated already. 

It sickens me watching people take advantage of horrible events and tragedies like this for their political gains or views on social media. 

It is most definitely worth the time. Hell, I think they should literally put a memorial for him in the building.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

I know I came off as calloused and cruel to some people but it's not the workers at the site protesting. It's other people.

Not for nothing, but the workers on site likely wouldn't protest even if they wanted to because they'd lose their jobs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Not for nothing, but the workers on site likely wouldn't protest even if they wanted to because they'd lose their jobs. 

And their employer would be stupid to terminate them for such protest because the employer would invite multiple lawsuits for wrongful termination in violation of North Carolina public policy among other legally actionable retaliatory discharge theories.  Those lawsuits would have major teeth and invite tremendous bad press.  Speaking from experience here, not speculation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

If I'm not mistaken, we are just days away from the setback portion of the tower. I think either this week or next. 

IMG_3514.JPG

Now that they're at the setback, the pace of construction should pick up a little more, and move even quicker when they get to the pyramid. The podium is already topped out.

Edited by NCMike1990
  • Like 2