Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

It is a habit when I drive by roll down the window and snap a shot.  Today.  I can count on being stopped at a traffic light usually. 

IMG_0850.JPG

• Like 2

They're just starting to add another row of glass this afternoon. Also looks like they're still at least a day or two away from completing the 28th floor. The previous floor was completed 12 days ago so they've definitely fallen off pace with the new alignment. **IF** that slower pace continues, hard to see this topping out before mid-September at earliest. 

IMG_3827.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crucial_Infra said:

They're just starting to add another row of glass this afternoon. Also looks like they're still at least a day or two away from completing the 28th floor. The previous floor was completed 12 days ago so they've definitely fallen off pace with the new alignment. **IF** that slower pace continues, hard to see this topping out before mid-September at earliest. 

IMG_3827.JPG

Why So Slow?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1Forrest1 said:

Why So Slow?

I think the on the job accident which resulted in a death several weeks ago, might have put a delay if OSHA was investigating..

Edited by rancenc

Just now, rancenc said:

I think the on the job accident which resulting in a death several weeks ago, might have put a delay if OSHA was investigating..

Oh yeah, Forgot about that

32 minutes ago, rancenc said:

I think the on the job accident which resulted in a death several weeks ago, might have put a delay if OSHA was investigating..

That's true. It took them nearly a month to complete the last floor before the setback because of the accident. They had been averaging a floor every ten days. But the first setback floor has taken longer than the previous 10-day average. Why? It might just be that it takes a bit longer like setting a new foundation when you start a new alignment.  Possible they'll move back to their 10-days per floor again. I'm not a construction guy so take this fwiw. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, gman430 said:

2EED4EB7-911B-4485-B70C-08A90DD81E22.jpeg

I'm a little confused....the one across from the Gantt museum is Ally/Tryon place, correct? 

What is this? It's  still part of Legacy Land, isn't it? I just checked cbj crane watch & it's not up there.

2 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

I'm a little confused....the one across from the Gantt museum is Ally/Tryon place, correct? 

What is this? It's  still part of Legacy Land, isn't it? I just checked cbj crane watch & it's not up there.

Correct.

The pic you quoted is for a parking garage for Legacy Union. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Correct.

The pic you quoted is for a parking garage for Legacy Union. 

Thanks. And I just saw it mentioned elsewhere, but your photos really are so nice that they look like art instead of photos. Great job.

Awesome pics, GMAN!  Love the 3rd one looking down Stonewall...what a great stretch of projects.  That parking deck is huge btw, even more so in-person.  But that also gives me hope that there are some good things coming in those remaining parcels.  I am curious though why they chose not to put any retail on the side facing the Panthers stadium?  Since there will prob be a highrise of some sort in that space...going to be a very long blank wall of the parking deck.