Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Trying to photograph my way into the topping off ceremony   still waiting for my invite from the Mr Harris but maybe the date is not certain yet. 

I think you made some headway by making contact. Thats better than I've been able to do lol. My public ridicule of and subsequent educated speculation of their project has landed me on their no talk list. lol

Edited by Guest

We've finally reached the point where it's starting to have a major impact on the skyline from a distance. For the first time I've felt that if they had to top it off right now I'd be be okay with the height. Don't get me wrong, I want the full 632' but it's now officially a major player as it moves into the top ten tallest. I'd estimate it's at ~430' right now which puts it at 14th behind Two Wells Fargo but it will be in the the top ten with two more floors. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra

31 minutes ago, jednc said:

Does anyone else think it's possible that the reason there have been no announcements of new development at LU is because Johno Harris was waiting for the new owner of the Panthers to complete the purchase of the team and will work with him now to bring some sort of entertainment/retail area to LU across the street from BoA Stadium? I don't really think so...but would be nice.

Honestly, I think thats incredibly possible.

2 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

The Pryamid atop LU is proposed to be 100LF tall - does anyone here think that's 'cheating' to have such a tall feature mounted in order to gain height?  Curious about your opinions...

Heck no.  Bank of America tower in Atlanta did it become the tallest building in the southeast and it has been done all over the world. 

• Like 1