Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Doesn't 2700 spaces seem like a lot?  I'm guessing it's that large to support future phases?  Also - I do remember you mentioning that this Deck being built to support a future structure on top.

2700 is only one of the decks. There’s a 700 deck attached to the BofA building. There’s enough Parking for another 3-4 million sq footage of uses. Hint hint lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

That's pretty cool.  Could be multiple High Rise buildings although I'm pretty sure that Phase 1 may be the tallest within the development.  

I have some pretty solid info that once all the parcels are built out that they will merge together power rangers style to form a super tall that will rival any other tower in the world

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

this is straight off their website for Legacy   There is a promenade planned from the tower to the stadium may not line up perfectly with the gates at the stadium but one is planned. 

LegacyUnionplan.jpg

Parcel 4 is going to be very interesting to see what they do here since the grading is different. It's also the largest plot of land at LU. Wouldn't be surprised to see multiple towers/buildings there. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Urbs42 said:

Is there another NFL stadium that sits a block away from 600' and 700'  towers?  BofA's proximity to the urban core is starting to feel pretty unique.  

Closest ones i could think of are Detroit, Minneapolis, Seattle, and Atlanta, but looking on maps they are all about 4-10 blocks away from the closest towers, there may be others i am unaware of

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Trickbot said:

Closest ones i could think of are Detroit, Minneapolis, Seattle, and Atlanta, but looking on maps they are all about 4-10 blocks away from the closest towers, there may be others i am unaware of

Would probably add New Orleans Superdome and Da Browns in Cleveland. However, although these are all downtown stadiums, heightwise, BOA seems to be surrounded by taller towers than the stadiums mentioned above. 

2 hours ago, Trickbot said:

All of those named except Seattle are domes, so you really can't enjoy from inside the stadium. 

3 hours ago, Urbs42 said:

Is there another NFL stadium that sits a block away from 600' and 700'  towers?  BofA's proximity to the urban core is starting to feel pretty unique.  

I would say no plus they tend to be domes only.  In Atlanta the highest buildings are really 4-5 blocks away,  same in New Orleans a couple of blocks away.   Imagine the tv coverage this fall from here. 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 12:45 AM, elrodvt said:

Wow, look at all the fabulous retail. What a letdown...

Theres more retail than what is on this site plan though. Theres another 15,000 sq feet in the tower itself.