Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

7 hours ago, cltheel.sdl said:

I'm going to the Panthers vs. Seahawks game on 11/25...will this be topped out by then?  

I would think October 1st it'll have steel to the tip. I'm flying down to see Hamilton (with airfare and tickets, its still 2x cheaper than seeing it here) in October so it better be topped out or I'll be pissed lol

Edited by Guest

On 8/18/2018 at 5:43 AM, Urbs42 said:

Is there another NFL stadium that sits a block away from 600' and 700'  towers?  BofA's proximity to the urban core is starting to feel pretty unique.  

PNC park is separated by the Alleghany river, but practically the entire skyline is viewable from the entire stadium.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

PNC park is separated by the Alleghany river, but practically the entire skyline is viewable from the entire stadium.

Maybe you meant Heinz Field regarding the above specification of NFL stadiums?  It has somewhat of a view depending on your seats.  But yeah, baseball it's a little more common to have that view of some skyline (Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC, St. Louis,  San Diego, Minnesota)

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

1 minute ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Maybe you meant Heinz Field regarding the above specification of NFL stadiums?  It has somewhat of a view depending on your seats.  But yeah, baseball it's a little more common to have that view of some skyline (Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC, St. Louis,  San Diego, Minnesota)

Three Rivers Stadium was SUPPOSED to have an open end like Heinz does when it was built back in 1968.  However, it ended up like all the other bowl stadiums in Cincinnati and St. Louis to name two.  The Steelers and Rooney family were hemmed in by the current geography and that stadium couldn't be turned a little more to the Southeast to have a better view.  I'm far from being an architect, but I think I would have tried to find a way to make that work!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Morning commute. 

053A0970-E083-4591-87DA-24934280FEAC.jpeg

That's a great picture.  Also, though my dislike for this project is well documented, I will admit that the view from up close is surprisingly better than from afar.  I ran past yesterday on Church and the building is very close to the street.  The materials and color looked better within 15 feet.  The further away I am, the worse it looks.  It looks better in the dark also...