Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

On 8/18/2018 at 5:43 AM, Urbs42 said:

Is there another NFL stadium that sits a block away from 600' and 700'  towers?  BofA's proximity to the urban core is starting to feel pretty unique.  

PNC park is separated by the Alleghany river, but practically the entire skyline is viewable from the entire stadium.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

PNC park is separated by the Alleghany river, but practically the entire skyline is viewable from the entire stadium.

Maybe you meant Heinz Field regarding the above specification of NFL stadiums?  It has somewhat of a view depending on your seats.  But yeah, baseball it's a little more common to have that view of some skyline (Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC, St. Louis,  San Diego, Minnesota)

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

1 minute ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Maybe you meant Heinz Field regarding the above specification of NFL stadiums?  It has somewhat of a view depending on your seats.  But yeah, baseball it's a little more common to have that view of some skyline (Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC, St. Louis,  San Diego, Minnesota)

Three Rivers Stadium was SUPPOSED to have an open end like Heinz does when it was built back in 1968.  However, it ended up like all the other bowl stadiums in Cincinnati and St. Louis to name two.  The Steelers and Rooney family were hemmed in by the current geography and that stadium couldn't be turned a little more to the Southeast to have a better view.  I'm far from being an architect, but I think I would have tried to find a way to make that work!  

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 5:18 PM, JorgiPorgi said:

Moving up! 

63B045D9-77FA-40F0-877E-B85BCB104D54.jpeg

263111BA-0D5B-49D2-9D56-92343A0AC4D1.jpeg

The first photo shows how much Charlotte has grown.  BoA is barely visible!  It’s clearly time for a new tallest from Duke Energy!!!

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JRNYP2C said:

Best view in the majors!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Morning commute. 

053A0970-E083-4591-87DA-24934280FEAC.jpeg

That's a great picture.  Also, though my dislike for this project is well documented, I will admit that the view from up close is surprisingly better than from afar.  I ran past yesterday on Church and the building is very close to the street.  The materials and color looked better within 15 feet.  The further away I am, the worse it looks.  It looks better in the dark also...

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

omg, is that KJ! @KJHburg you better show up to the damn UP meetup

Not me I am usually on the other corner though that pose would be something I would do.  I don't stand on that corner as the walk crossing signals are all blocked and I am law abider LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

^To that point, I have always thought the pyramid was undersized on Legacy Union.  If the pyramid was the same width as the rest of the building, the proportions would look waaay better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-Rob said:

^To that point, I have always thought the pyramid was undersized on Legacy Union.  If the pyramid was the same width as the rest of the building, the proportions would look waaay better.

I definitely agree. If it was closer to one worldwide plaza in proportions, it would help significantly. And adding a mini-me would be kind of neat in my opinion.