Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

15 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I would speculate its the next office tower.

The address on the filing is 620 S Tryon, implying it's the block fronting Tryon, as opposed to the development site noted as Phase 2 fronting Mint.

Where do you see the address? It’s not clickable yet for what I see. The plot it is filed under is the L shape fronting Tryon and Stonewall

7 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Where do you see the address? It’s not clickable yet for what I see. The plot it is filed under is the L shape fronting Tryon and Stonewall

If you search today and then play with the address filters, you can narrow down what specific address will return this project.

This has been in Loopnet a commercial real estate listing site for months.  a 16 story 504,000 sq ft but could be taller.  It has an address of 600 South Tryon indicating at the corner of Stonewall and S Tryon.  Not much in this listing but huge floorplates for the first couple of floors then smaller floors as it rises. 

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink/tmplengine/ListingProfilePage.aspx?stid=/brokers/lincolnharris&LID=7144957&LL=true&UOMListing=&UOMMoneyCurrency=&RentPer=PY&SRID=0

• Like 3

I would speculate its the next office tower.
The address on the filing is 620 S Tryon, implying it's the block fronting Tryon, as opposed to the development site noted as Phase 2 fronting Mint.

If that’s the case, we should be seeing another Ally Center sized office building. I’m thinking topping multiple floors of retail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Prodev said:

It feels like since the building has a 48,000 SF floorplate base going to 26,000 SF above the 4th floor, there's a chance that this is a duel tower similar to 300 S Tryon.  Just a guess though.

Yea that'd maybe make sense. I was thinking 48,000 sq feet base for 4 floors, then tapering up toward the office tower fronting Tryon. I was also trying to piece together the name. TOMCAT. First phase was riverBOAT (Bank of America Tower). So what could CAT mean? 

Well the big Cat so to speak now is Mr Tepper.  Would he be interested in moving his firm Appaloosa Management to Charlotte wonder?  I am sure it is not huge user of space but who knows? It is based in Miami Beach and has offices in Short Hills NJ outside of NYC.  He would be considered the top Cat.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Well the big Cat so to speak now is Mr Tepper.  Would he be interested in moving his firm Appaloosa Management to Charlotte wonder?  I am sure it is not huge user of space but who knows? It is based in Miami Beach and has offices in Short Hills NJ outside of NYC.  He would be considered the top Cat.

Well the google says Appaloosa only has employees 33 people so....maybe a couple corner offices on one side of a floor? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, King of the Queen City said:

Hopefully we can have the pyramid in time for the playoffs!

With the decimated line and loss of Olsen, I'll just drop this classic here (even though I remain optimistic):

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jim+mora+playoffs&&view=detail&mid=500EB7CE2A6F0A8A2D65500EB7CE2A6F0A8A2D65&&FORM=VRDGAR