Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

17 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

It looks much taller in person, I think mainly because the renderings don't show it comparably with any other buildings. It's a tall fat building. Super imposing from 277. 

Ok, but I mean how where it gets smaller before the pyramid. It seems like there are more floors than what I see in the renderings. Like you said tall fat building, with a short neck is what I was expecting, but the neck doesn't look as short. 

Maybe I'm just hoping they snuck one in on us... One can only hope lol

1 hour ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

Bruh, I'm know I'm being childish, but this, this right here... this made my morning. Lol, thanks from a grown 12 yo.

Funny... 

I omitted "away" and have since added it!

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Funny... 

I omitted "away" and have since added it!

I saw buddy, wasn't meaning to cause any embarrassment. Just thought it to be a hilarious typo.

P.S. - It really did start my day off right though. Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Phenomenal pictures of BOAT in the CBJ this morning.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/09/11/photos-office-tower-at-uptowns-legacy-union-moves.html

Here is a small taste.

1. Overlook BofA stadium

2. The grand entrance

3. The Great Wall of Charlotte Extension (Can someone remind me of what covering they are using for this?  I hope it is more unique that Capitol Towers)

4. An impressive shot of Stonewall.  Everything in that picture was essentially built after I moved to Charlotte in 2013.  NASCAR HofF and Westin being the major exceptions.

2115167238_BOATParkingDeck.jpg.ddd072471cd3dedc58fd2a96bdbb420b.jpg

Brick, Blue Glass, EIFS, Metal Louvres. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Story and photo gallery from top of Legacy tower in this Business Journal article.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/09/11/photos-office-tower-at-uptowns-legacy-union-moves.html

Great pics.  Two observations:

1.  BOA will be blocked from a clear view of the field by the massive jumbotron with their name on it.  Too bad for them.  They would be able to watch on the jumbotron on the opposite side of the stadium (or they could get a great view by, you know, watching on tv).

2.  Just seeing those two gentlemen standing by the edge makes me nervous...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Panthersfan1 said:

From Sunday

33606107-18F3-4353-81CA-9FD2CB49395C.jpeg

Judging by the angles of you and RDF's pics, I'm going to assume that's him in the Dak Prescott jersey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I would speculate its the next office tower.

The address on the filing is 620 S Tryon, implying it's the block fronting Tryon, as opposed to the development site noted as Phase 2 fronting Mint.

Where do you see the address? It’s not clickable yet for what I see. The plot it is filed under is the L shape fronting Tryon and Stonewall

7 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Where do you see the address? It’s not clickable yet for what I see. The plot it is filed under is the L shape fronting Tryon and Stonewall

If you search today and then play with the address filters, you can narrow down what specific address will return this project.

13 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

If you search today and then play with the address filters, you can narrow down what specific address will return this project.

Ah. Yeah I just searched by parcel. 

This has been in Loopnet a commercial real estate listing site for months.  a 16 story 504,000 sq ft but could be taller.  It has an address of 600 South Tryon indicating at the corner of Stonewall and S Tryon.  Not much in this listing but huge floorplates for the first couple of floors then smaller floors as it rises. 

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink/tmplengine/ListingProfilePage.aspx?stid=/brokers/lincolnharris&LID=7144957&LL=true&UOMListing=&UOMMoneyCurrency=&RentPer=PY&SRID=0

• Like 3

I would speculate its the next office tower.
The address on the filing is 620 S Tryon, implying it's the block fronting Tryon, as opposed to the development site noted as Phase 2 fronting Mint.

If that’s the case, we should be seeing another Ally Center sized office building. I’m thinking topping multiple floors of retail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It feels like since the building has a 48,000 SF floorplate base going to 26,000 SF above the 4th floor, there's a chance that this is a duel tower similar to 300 S Tryon.  Just a guess though.

• Like 1