Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Are these pre-filings for a possible building or is this new tower actually going to start in the foreseeable future?  If the latter, that's spectacular news.

It’s real. Means this is happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, DMann said:

Anyone hear anything about Chase?  Recent high profile exec just moved here.

Chase is tearing down a 750' tower on Park Avenue and rebuilding a 1,250+' tower on that site, which is expected to cost several billion dollars, so I doubt that they're moving any employees.  Also, they moved thousands of back office lawyers, accountants, HR, marketing, etc personnel to Brooklyn, NJ and Delaware over the past few years.  Then again, who knows?   Maybe they'll relocate people from NJ or Del.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Missmylab4 said:

Duke Tower, is most likely the 44-story. It would be on the surface lot next to the convention center. I believe Architects from Atlanta would design this one. The tower does have its own thread. 

Correct, however there is also a third tower (condos) in planning 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 1:58 PM, cmett003 said:

Herd through the grapevine via  my architect fiance, that a firm in Atlanta got a call about designing a 44 story building on the Legacy union site. 44 STORIES!

Ill see if I can get any more information.

I always wonder about how small details change in these rumors, mostly because posters on here are much more hyper aware of exact locations, addresses, tenants, project names etc.

For example, "44 story tower by the new high rise under construction  across from the Duke Power building that lights up different colors", might get interpreted literally as part of Legacy Union, when the comment could be less location specific, and perhaps referred to the possible convention hotel, or something else within a few blocks of the site.

I always feel when talking to people, even those really in the know, they constantly erroneously refer to N vs S on street names, or Wells instead of BofA building, or whatever.... minor details that get extrapolated into inferring something that isn't.

Not saying that's the case here, but the more people that are in the rumor chain, the more small details morph projects...

I’m mega hung over so I can’t really put this all into words, but people are suddenly discussing like 4 different projects.

* 18 floor office building at legacy called “tomcat”

*Duke Energy building that actually could be around 40 floors, maybe way taller if they find a secondary anchor.

*Condo Tower that was maybe filed on Acela, but maybe not condos, maybe a term for something

*44 floor Building on legacy

*building above could also be possibly the new 1000 room hotel being done by an ATLANTA design firm. 1000 room hotel on land that size would probably be around 44 floors.

None of these projects yet deserve their own thread yet. Office tower should live in this thread, anything legacy should live here. There’s already one for duke, and the hotel should live in the hotel thread until it’s official.

So hung over, that was very hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

None of these projects yet deserve their own thread yet. Office tower should live in this thread, anything legacy should live here. There’s already one for duke, and the hotel should live in the hotel thread until it’s official.

So hung over, that was very hard

Milk thistle,  charcoal, hair of the dog.

Also, you didn’t answer what exactly tcu’s quarterback was doing on that play. Motherbleeper blew my cover.

Finally, what’s a Charlotte tower doing on the Amtrak website?  Is Charlotte getting Amtrak hq? You heard it here first people!

Edited by Tyrone Wiggum
Preserving bandwidth - truncated prior quote
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I always wonder about how small details change in these rumors, mostly because posters on here are much more hyper aware of exact locations, addresses, tenants, project names etc.

For example, "44 story tower by the new high rise under construction  across from the Duke Power building that lights up different colors", might get interpreted literally as part of Legacy Union, when the comment could be less location specific, and perhaps referred to the possible convention hotel, or something else within a few blocks of the site.

I always feel when talking to people, even those really in the know, they constantly erroneously refer to N vs S on street names, or Wells instead of BofA building, or whatever.... minor details that get extrapolated into inferring something that isn't.

Not saying that's the case here, but the more people that are in the rumor chain, the more small details morph projects...

My favorite thing, even if I don't know all the facts, is hearing people all around Uptown discuss their impression of things that are happening. A majority of the time there will be one or two minor-to-major facts that are definitely wrong. Much of the time I'll be eavesdropping on people talking to friends/family in a group talking about the newest development, or what's happening where. I'm not about to correct them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

*building above could also be possibly the new 1000 room hotel being done by an ATLANTA design firm. 1000 room hotel on land that size would probably be around 44 floors.

I also thought about that too.  I remember some article mentioning that as a possible site too for a 1k hotel.  Do you think this could be a reason why we haven't heard an announcement of a hotel brand at the Ally site?  I could see them holding out for awhile (which they've already been doing lol) until things unfold at LU.

10 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I also thought about that too.  I remember some article mentioning that as a possible site too for a 1k hotel.  Do you think this could be a reason why we haven't heard an announcement of a hotel brand at the Ally site?  I could see them holding out for awhile (which they've already been doing lol) until things unfold at LU.

White lodging filed a presubmit with the planning dept, so its started the process. Hotels aren't like office or residential where they have to get on the hype train early, because you have to physically lease those spaces for long periods of time. They will announce the flag, and I think we all know it, sooner or later.  If its the right flag, the name should sell itself.

Edited by Guest

Wow.  So the Observer site will be the likely location of the convention hotel?  On which parcel of the site will it be located? 

It's amazing that a new hotel and the new, smaller office tower will be rising simultaneously.   Everything that Lincoln Harris touches turns to gold.  

Edited by SydneyCarton

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wow.  So the Observer site will be the likely location of the convention hotel?  On which parcel of the site will it be located? 

It's amazing that a new hotel and the new, smaller office tower will be rising simultaneously.   Everything that Lincoln Harris touches turns to gold.  

No it will not be the site of the convention hotel. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What? nobody said that. He asked about Ally.  Everything Lincoln Harris touches turns into some sort of profitable but lackluster mineral, definitely not gold. I dunno maybe everything they do turns to... Nickle?

Edited by Guest