Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

8 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

What? nobody said that. He asked about Ally.  Everything Lincoln Harris touches turns into some sort of profitable but lackluster mineral, definitely not gold. I dunno maybe everything they do turns to... Nickle?

IMO, brushed nickel would be an improvement.

• Like 1

what hotel flag is everybody thinking? 

56 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

White lodging filed a presubmit with the planning dept, so its started the process. Hotels aren't like office or residential where they have to get on the hype train early, because you have to physically lease those spaces for long periods of time. They will announce the flag, and I think we all know it, sooner or later.  If its the right flag, the name should sell itself.

What's everyone's take on the accuracy of Wikipedia?  They're now reporting on LU2 - 17 Story Office at S. Tyron/Hill Street as being proposed at 292' Tall.

As far as anything related to 1000 Room Convention hotel - I'm sure it'll go on the site the City of Charlotte owns as part of some Public/Private Partnership.

I just hope that Charlotte in short order (next 2 years) gets major announcements on new towers and developments due to the City coming into its own with Major Events (Sporting & Political) - Population Growth (approaching 1 Million) and public investments in Transit.  Seems like Charlotte is beginning to grow up in its Public Profile as a Major City

9 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

What's everyone's take on the accuracy of Wikipedia?  They're now reporting on LU2 - 17 Story Office at S. Tyron/Hill Street as being proposed at 292' Tall.

As far as anything related to 1000 Room Convention hotel - I'm sure it'll go on the site the City of Charlotte owns as part of some Public/Private Partnership.

I just hope that Charlotte in short order (next 2 years) gets major announcements on new towers and developments due to the City coming into its own with Major Events (Sporting & Political) - Population Growth (approaching 1 Million) and public investments in Transit.  Seems like Charlotte is beginning to grow up in its Public Profile as a Major City

I know who updates that usually, so its correct haha. 

I'm 95% the new hotel will go at the Data Center Site. With the recent success on the stonewall corridor I don't think it'd be hard for the city to swap land on Stonewall for the Data Center Land.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, J-Rob said:

are you referencing the land across from NASCAR and 550 Stonewall?  That is interesting. Would Duke then just sell that land?

I dunno. Its honestly questionable who owns the Data Center land. Some how posed that it might be a land lease by Duke, but I'm not sure about that. @atlrvr

27 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm 95% the new hotel will go at the Data Center Site. With the recent success on the stonewall corridor I don't think it'd be hard for the city to swap land on Stonewall for the Data Center Land.

I am totally with you on this, that would be the perfect location for the CC Hotel, best restaurant connectivity, Light Rail Access, etc.

Didn't that used to be NCNB's data center?  Perhaps they own it.

224 E MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BV, CHARLOTTE
Parcel ID: 12506201
Ownership:
1. DUKE POWER CO, ATTN: TAX DEPT - PB05B

Story in CBJ, "Is second office tower imminent at Lincoln Harris uptown site?" by Ashley Fahey, September 17, 2018.

650 South Tryon Site - "Filings submitted late last week to the city of Charlotte's development services indicate Lincoln Harris is seeking to build another office building at 650 S. Tryon Street, part of the 10-acre, two-block site it acquired in partnership with Goldman Sachs for $37.5 million a couple of years ago.  Information filed with the project says Lincoln Harris intends to build 388,835 square feet of office space and 22,763 square feet of retail for this building, which would be the second after the 33-story, 850,000-square-foot building under construction today that's expected to deliver in early 2019.  No details about building height or number of floors were included in the application." (emphasis added)

600 South Tryon Site - "Lincoln Harris' website has had a flyer out for 600 S. Tryon St. for several months that indicates a 16-story, 504,000-square-foot building is also being marketed by the developer. The company also has several plat requests filed with the city that would likely divide the two blocks it owns into several parcels."

Link:  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/09/17/is-second-office-tower-imminent-at-lincoln-harris.html

Edited by QCxpat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

One more thing about this new Legacy tower they must have an anchor for I dont believe they would start it otherwise as they do have 250K plus space available in the taller BofA tower. 

I disagree. I think its build to suit. I think someone saw a small tryon space and the opportunity to put up a tower facing 277 where hundreds of thousands of eyeballs drive by a day. Lincoln Harris has clearly expedited this building, going from presubmit to full submission in 24 hours.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I disagree. I think its build to suit. I think someone saw a small tryon space and the opportunity to put up a tower facing 277 where hundreds of thousands of eyeballs drive by a day. Lincoln Harris has clearly expedited this building, going from presubmit to full submission in 24 hours.

Well even better if it is 100% preleased! It is great anyway you look at it and who knows it might be a surprising tenant that is not on anyone's radar. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

yay! then convention visitors won't even have to walk our city streets.

• Haha 1

US Bank has over 81,xxx sq ft in Hearst Plaza and many of their leases there were signed in 2009-2014  and they also have about 40xxx sq ft  or 2 floors in 201 South Tryon building.  (thats all I know about)  That is over 140,000 sq ft and since many leases in the commercial real estate world are 7-10 years you can do the math.  They need to make a decision if they stay in Hearst asap Or  if they want to move to  new space of their own.  I would LOVE to see US Bank tower here and what a better way to attract even more workers in a competitive banking employee market than with your own building.  And a retail bank on the ground floor along with some other retail.   What started as a small specialized operation has grown tremendously here with the wealth of talent and if you were a banker with a family would you chose Minneapolis NYC or the Queen City?   (all fine cities but we win on affordability and weather) And even the big boy on the block the Bank of America  will still have the taller tower and be able to look down on its competitor literally. 

Business Journal article from 2014 about their space there

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/11/u-s-bank-expands-at-hearst-tower-leasing-35th.html

some of the 44 jobs currently advertised with US Bank that can be based in Charlotte.  (not a teller job in sight)  this is a sampling and I don't even know what some of these positions do!  

Agile Transformation Change Management Executive
Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis; Missouri-MO-Saint Louis; North Carolina-NC-CharlotteMore...
ALM Quantitative Modeling Manager
Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis; North Carolina-NC-Charlotte; IL-IL-Chicago
AML/BSA Alert Review Analyst - Charlotte
North Carolina-NC-Charlotte                        
AML/BSA Procedure Development and Investigations Project Management
Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis; Ohio-OH-Cincinnati; Virginia-VA-McLeanMore...
API Business Process Analyst
Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis; Georgia-GA-Atlanta; North Carolina-NC-CharlotteMore...
Asset Backed Securities Credit Officer
North Carolina-NC-Charlotte; New York-NY-New York
Asset Backed Securities Portfolio Risk Manager
North Carolina-NC-Charlotte; Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis; IL-IL-ChicagoMore...
CBSS Financial Crimes Support Manager
Ohio-OH-Cincinnati; United States; North Carolina-NC-CharlotteMore...
Chief Risk Officer - Broker Dealer
Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis; IL-IL-Chicago; Massachusetts-MA-BostonMore...
Commercial Bkg Rel Mgr 6
CTR Manager - RCA Professional 5 - AML
Customer Due Diligence Operations Center Onboarding & Alerts Senior Manager - RCA Manager 3 - AML
North Carolina-NC-Charlotte; Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Financial Crimes Compliance Testing Manager
North Carolina-NC-Charlotte; United States; Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Liquidity Analyst
Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis; North Carolina-NC-Charlotte

Edited by KJHburg
job listings added
  • Like 4

@KJHburg What I've gathered from reading up on them is they don't have an interest in opening branches in this area at this time. But they want to invest in innovation, technology, new talent, and further increasing their presence in markets that they already operate in.

But having more additional major bank towers other than BOA would be nice since it shows the diversity of our banking industry and that CLT has more banks present than just the super prominent BOA.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

@KJHburg What I've gathered from reading up on them is they don't have an interest in opening branches in this area at this time. But they want to invest in innovation, technology, new talent, and further increasing their presence in markets that they already operate in.

But having more additional major bank towers other than BOA would be nice since it shows the diversity of our banking industry and that CLT has more banks present than just the super prominent BOA.

with Ally, Regions and Bofa all a block away, could be a diverse set of logos on this block.