Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

There are no floors left. The concrete you see being poured vertical at the top is set back and will be inside the pyramid when it is complete.

Depends on what you consider the pyramid. Really there’s another piece to be poured then the metal and high strength tensile plastic fabric clad pyramid goes up on top of that set back. Personally I don’t consider this the pyramid yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on what you consider the pyramid. Really there’s another piece to be poured then the metal and high strength tensile plastic fabric clad pyramid goes up on top of that set back. Personally I don’t consider this the pyramid yet.

I don’t think it is either. I’m saying the pyramid will go around what they building now and that stuff is what’s inside of it.

I don’t think it is either. I’m saying the pyramid will go around what they building now and that stuff is what’s inside of it.

No I’m saying This isn’t even the start of the pyramid. There’s like a 3/4 floor tall setback and then the pyramid

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's a shame.  I probably won't be in Charlotte before the auto show, so I was hoping it would be done by then.  Thanks anyway!

Personally I don't know why, but thats the anticipated completion. Possibly waiting for covering itself. I could see the framing done by Late November or Decemeber.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's a shame.  I probably won't be in Charlotte before the auto show, so I was hoping it would be done by then.  Thanks anyway!

Personally I don't know why, but thats the anticipated completion. Possibly waiting for covering itself. I could see the framing done by Late November or Decemeber.

I'm growing to appreciate this building more and more, but there's something about it that just bugs me, and I think I've finally pinpointed what it is. 

The main rise of the tower, and the setback above, have glass corners rather than a stone column (if they're even using stone?).  To me, that ruins the whole effect of the design, which seems on the whole fairly formal and conservative.  It blurs the line between that design and a bland glass box, and I don't like it at all.

That said, I'm no architect, but I think I'd like this tower quite a bit more if there were at least stone corners, or, even better, a notched corner to connect the outermost columns.

Just my two cents.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Merthecat said:

I'm growing to appreciate this building more and more, but there's something about it that just bugs me, and I think I've finally pinpointed what it is. 

The main rise of the tower, and the setback above, have glass corners rather than a stone column (if they're even using stone?).  To me, that ruins the whole effect of the design, which seems on the whole fairly formal and conservative.  It blurs the line between that design and a bland glass box, and I don't like it at all.

That said, I'm no architect, but I think I'd like this tower quite a bit more if there were at least stone corners, or, even better, a notched corner to connect the outermost columns.

Just my two cents.

Yea its like there needs to be a transition point. one more knotch into it. That would help a lot.

17 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

So I’m not a fan of this building as probably clear by past comments, but now I’m afraid this thing just going to look ridiculous.

So the pyramid is small, much smaller than I thought. Proportionally I’m terrified now.

What is sticking up is the base of it, correct?

cc345779f4dddcfca1ba2354bd97b4bc.jpg

image.png.4d665df03920a6d4bfec2adbe8e062cb.png

Yea man, Its going to look really dumb. 

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

So I’m not a fan of this building as probably clear by past comments, but now I’m afraid this thing just going to look ridiculous.

So the pyramid is small, much smaller than I thought. Proportionally I’m terrified now.

What is sticking up is the base of it, correct?

cc345779f4dddcfca1ba2354bd97b4bc.jpg

Man you just need to relax a little bit. 

• Like 1