Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

On 1/12/2017 at 1:39 PM, JBS said:

Preparing myself to be disappointed (or outraged) by new Crescent renderings.  I really like what NR is doing.  This thing sucks...I would rather have a surface parking lot for the next 5 years than have this monstrosity in such a prime location.  I literally like nothing about this design.  EXTREMELY disappointed.

My position on this building hasn't changed since the day renderings were released.  On a positive note, Crescent ended up with a decent design...

43 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

Still a bad version of an also not great 1980s building. 

C5E5D298-C8EE-483E-954F-84224608A7CF.jpeg

Our Legacy Union was actually built the same year as this building. Dunno if you guys knew that.

It I'm looking at that correctly, the new building will go directly up against the parking garage being built adjacent to the tower?

• Like 1

I like it very different than Legacy BOAT but that is okay.  The design looks like a building I have seen in Atlanta  but that is okay.  KJ likes it and I like the taller Legacy tower even with the pyramid top which is exactly what was proposed from the first rendering.   I would suggest if you don't like the design to convince your business or company to rent space in the taller Legacy thus you will not have to see it from your office LOL. 

So I guess the question is who is anchoring this Legacy 2 tower?  I have heard lots of rumors out there from suburban based companies to existing uptown tenants.  any clue? 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Missmylab4 said:

My random guess is US Bank. That is pure speculation though. 

It looks financial in nature, that is for sure. Don't forget codename is TOMCAT

• Like 1

I like it too...had a feeling it would be glass...I like how LU's facade is integrated into the new tower at the base.  However, I just envisioned that green space being flanked by a bunch of retail.  Looks like a large lobby to me, but may just be the rendering.

*Jayvee: from the diagram posted below, the 3rd level says "Parking"...is that just a typo?

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3

My initial reaction is not utter disappointment in what see here. Do we know the hight? Trying to gauge in my head how much of the sandblasted beige thing behind this will be blocked.

I’m assuming this is going to be about the same height as Portman, or a little shorter?

I don’t dislike it at all. Having this shorte contrast right beside legacy and DEC sitting right on 277 will really add to the density factor. But it fits right In with the buildings being built in that corridor.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

268' 17 floors

Are you adjusting for the -11' base elevation.  Thinking this is actually 279'.

• Like 2