Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I have a guess for this Legacy 2 anchor just a guess.  Could it be AXA?  AXA said last year they were adding 550 jobs in Charlotte and they do have space up in Innovation Park but not sure how much they can grow there.  Also could be a tenant for Spectrum South End project possibly?  Alliance Bernstein the AXA owned subsidiary is going into a downtown Nashville building built by guess who Spectrum Properties of Charlotte.  This is all just speculation on my part but could answer why Spectrum says they are going spec and LH is on a tight schedule with Legacy 2.  Could parent AXA be  having thoughts of a center city location like their subsidiary in Nashville?  

Refresher story from 2017.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/05/09/exclusive-axa-expanding-in-charlotte-with-550-jobs.html

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I have a guess for this Legacy 2 anchor just a guess.  Could it be AXA?  AXA said last year they were adding 550 jobs in Charlotte and they do have space up in Innovation Park but not sure how much they can grow there.  Also could be a tenant for Spectrum South End project possibly?  Alliance Bernstein the AXA owned subsidiary is going into a downtown Nashville building built by guess who Spectrum Properties of Charlotte.  This is all just speculation on my part but could answer why Spectrum says they are going spec and LH is on a tight schedule with Legacy 2.  Could parent AXA be  having thoughts of a center city location like their subsidiary in Nashville?  

Refresher story from 2017.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/05/09/exclusive-axa-expanding-in-charlotte-with-550-jobs.html

It would make sense because according to This observer article, the governor released a statement that the expansion over the next few years here in CLT would make CLT the largest location in the US. They're currently based in NYC.

Their expansion is pretty evident from their 69 current job openings listed on LinkedIn alone. 

However, didn't the just recently moved their operations from ballyntine to university city? It'd be off for them to move again so soon wouldn't it?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Legacy's monstrous parking garage, taken yesterday.  Does anyone smarter than me know if there are any plans for retail in the stretch of this thing that fronts Church?  It looks like they have walled off a huge section internally.  

20181115_164941.jpg

Of course there is, the city doesn't let thing like this get built without retail *any longer*. Theres 7-8k facing church within the parking deck, 7-8k facing the promenade, and another 8k facing church within legacy.

image.png.3f8cd2f3350ce6850fec91219aac96fe.png

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Windsurfer said:

Too bad the city has to dictate such a design and builders wouldn't recognize the potential already.  I guess BOA did it on West Trade down at that campus across from the bus station. I used to own one of those little slots. The rent more than offset the price.

Its a 2 acre garage. I doubt they wouldn't have lined it with retail. Gotta make money on that amount of land beyond monthly/daily parking.