Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Or Charlotte could just be a nice city like Denver or Minneapolis or pretty much most any other major city. 

Greenways, mass transit, etc. are more important than palm reading stores and some souvenir stores you could just go to the airport for if you really wanted a $15 magnet.. 

I feel like we could’ve been a Nashville. But Charlotteans always seem to have been ashamed to be associated with “redneck” stuff like NASCAR. If the tables were turned; we probably would’ve been ashamed of country music and Nashville would’ve been Race car Mecca. It just is what it is. And I’m 100% fine with how things turned out. 

Embracing southern heritage is not in the DNA of Raleigh or Charlotte, excluding BBQ... 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Or it could just be a nice city like Denver or Minneapolis or pretty much most any other major city. 

Greenways, mass transit, etc. are more important than palm reading stores and some souvenir stores you could just go to the airport for if you really wanted a $15 magnet.. 

I feel like we could’ve been a Nashville. But Charlotteans always seem to have been ashamed to be associated with “redneck” stuff like NASCAR. If the tables were turned; we probably would’ve been ashamed of country music and Nashville would’ve been Race car Mecca. It just is what it is. And I’m 100% fine with how things turned out. 

But music is culture, a unique feature of our species. Nashville is filled with unique venues and honky tonks. How would you embrace Nascar in this manner? Have drag strips on College St?

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

But music is culture, a unique feature of our species. Nashville is filled with unique venues and honky tonks. How would you embrace Nascar in this manner? Have drag strips on College St?

There’s so many ways to have made NASCAR a huge deal in the way Mardi Gras, Country Music, Biltmore acted as a defining theme and brand to build off of. 

Charlotte didn’t do that with NASCAR. And I’m not hating it. I like the Banking Center schtick better. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

3 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

We could shut down I-485 once a year and do a giant race around the city with helicopter coverage as a nod to NASCAR, haha, but I would prefer Charlotte to be mostly remembered for its role in the Revolution, the nation’s first gold rush, the site of the first U.S. Branch Mint, and a shining beacon of the New South.

Ive always thought Charlotte should get a Formula 1 race to take place on 485. Shut it down and hold the race. 

On the Agenda today it was announce there will be a 10k on 277. Cool stuff.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CLT704 said:

Anyone seen the pyramid being lit or is it the magic of photo editing?

It’s definitely the lights from the crane. I was down there last night and that was the only angle that it looked lit from.  It does give us a little bit of an idea of what it will look like when it is lit for real though.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, navigator319 said:

I'd argue this All Star Game that is upon us is MUCH more impactful and CLT is looking great for it.  LU, Ally, Stonewall in general, SouthEnd, FNB, Courthouse, Intercontinental, Market 42, B Street, SouthPark, etc.  I think these polo wearing suit and tie types will be like WTF is happening here and will ask all the right questions once this week passes to really get to understand CLT and maybe they would want to be in this market or expand here.  These folks coming for this game have a much more direct impact on keeping this momentum going vs. politicians, delegates and journalists of an RNC/DNC.

My only wish was that Trade St from Gateway to Spectrum was not in such horrible shape.  Sure the story is good why, but wish we could have tarped over this.  

So half standing skeleton structures like Ally and the dirt lot that is FNB will have more of an impact to a small sports ball crowd than another 18 months of progress and what promises to be the most entertaining and watched election cycle in American history?  

So half standing skeleton structures like Ally and the dirt lot that is FNB will have more of an impact to a small sports ball crowd than another 18 months of progress and what promises to be the most entertaining and watched election cycle in American history?  

I don’t know that I’d use entertaining, unless someone decides to challenge Herr Donald for his nomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this garage will help the parking situation during panthers games?!

I flew down for 3 games last year... never once had a problem finding parking. Parked in the neighborhood just off summit once, parked near Leroy Fox once and on East Park once. All were pretty easy, all were free. Just gotta be willing to walk a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk