Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

On 3/1/2019 at 1:17 PM, j-man said:

Yeah I know. So that's what I meant by that, but I don't understand how inland cities keep building everything above ground mostly. It may be costs or engineering complications. I don't know, but I'm not a fan of any parking garage in Charlotte unless it is hidden or nicely places and decorated. 

It's cost without a doubt. In terms of parking costs it goes pre-cast deck > CIP deck >> above grade podium >>> subterranean  (which is really just a style of podium).

13 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

^I get my shots via screen grabs via 

FD0A9A0A-7BE4-4FC3-8C70-67C04DB00169.jpeg

This picture gives me hope! Maybe one day they will see how outdated this building looked from the beginning and like this picture above, they will change that dreary tan color to a light grey/silver, and it would make a world of a difference.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Scribe said:

You all (those that bash this project) will be singing a different tune when the Illuminati call sign (the pyramid) is lit up with some amazing LED techno strobes.

I highly doubt a pyramid can make that much of a difference to a building that has so many things wrong with it. To me it is mainly  the color.  You just can't convince me or the majority that this building adds any beauty other than height to the skyline. If someone never came to Charlotte and passed this site by, I would  not even be mad if someone thought that the construction around this building was for it getting updated and remodeled.  I'm seriously  5 times more excited for LU2 than this one. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tozmervo said:

That helps. 

At night.

Well, I am content with the project, so really the lights are just the icing for me.

But this tower will be praised by the same people that dis it today -- my guess, when the master plan for this block is built out... a.k.a. the entire block is has smaller towers surrounding this "Illuminati" tower.

Pyramids  - in Charlotte, Los Angeles, Paris, and on the Dollar bill

(1)  "Legacy Union" thread - drone photo by @gman430 on  03/02/2019 at p. 205 - Architect LS3P Associates

74372811-88-D5-47-FE-B183-BBFBCD2-F6601.

(2) Pyramids atop the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles, by Architect Arata Isozaki, winner of the 41st Pritzker Prize in Architecture 

1280px-MOCA_downtown_buildings_and_Mark_Thompson%27s_Airplane_Parts.JPG

(3) Pyramids in front of the Louvre Museum, Paris, by Architect I.M. Pei, winner of the 5th Pritzker Prize in Architecture

Image result for pyramid in front of louvre

(4) Back side of the Dollar Bill - The Great Seal of The United States of America

Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

So - that's it, huh? 

I'm not big on signage, but from the rendering, the BOA signage looks decent.  At the bare minimum, it will fill that vacant, blank space up there, which I think will help visually.   

12.png.117c050085a2bc9b3f10502e78a19332.png

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
Added Pic
  • Like 3