Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

I think the screening that is being put in place is safe and needs to go no further. These buildings so far have a mature look and the art work that usually goes up on parking garages in this city seem to be on the immature side so it would throw it all off. 

Edited by j-man
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, j-man said:

I think the screening that is being put in place is safe and needs to go no further. These buildings so far have a mature look and the art work that ususlalt goes up on parking garages in this city seem to be on the immature side so it would throw it all off. 

immature side?

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

immature side?

Stonewall is the best example. It’s like the building which obviously is done by professional architects, developers, and engineers which all are, then you see the what was put around that parking deck and it just looks sort of kiddish. Not insulting the artists but it doesn’t feel like it fits. So saying that Legacy Union looks very mature, very South Parkish...so it doesn’t need any type of art around that deck that would make it look like it belongs in Noda. See what I’m saying...

1 hour ago, queensguy06 said:

I think he's referring to this:

garagescreen.jpg

This is what I see when I’m coming from Southend coming into Uptown on Stonewall Station.

Edited by j-man

1 hour ago, j-man said:

Stonewall is the best example. It’s like the building which obviously is done by professional architects, developers, and engineers which all are, then you see the what was put around that parking deck and it just looks sort of kiddish. Not insulting the artists but it doesn’t feel like it fits. So saying that Legacy Union looks very mature, very South Parkish...so it doesn’t need any type of art around that deck that would make it look like it belongs in Noda. See what I’m saying...

This is what I see when I’m coming from Southend coming into Uptown on Stonewall Station.

lol. I don't agree at all, but I see what you are saying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

LU2 going vertical. What a small, Awkward spot. I may be in the minority here, but I do want some new towers that aren’t built one on top of the other- and that’s what Charlotte does. Especially with the Legacy Union development. I’ll probably appreciate it more once everything is built out. 

4B4CE437-D7E5-4B22-83F7-E3887FBCE344.jpeg

If you don't like LU2 just wait for LU3. Real spoiled honey.

• Haha 2

So!!! With all this development going on here....Umm will there ever be a new Charlotte Observer building constructed somewhere? 

13 minutes ago, j-man said:

So!!! With all this development going on here....Umm will there ever be a new Charlotte Observer building constructed somewhere? 

I feel like they moved all their offices to the Nascar Office Building. Could be wrong here. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, j-man said:

They just offered buyouts to 33% of their staff, 90% of which took it. They are down to I think 22 full time staff members, so the answer is never.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They just offered buyouts to 33% of their staff, 90% of which took it. They are down to I think 22 full time staff members, so the answer is never.

Damn.....such a shame that thee Observer still isn't doing too good. then again there are schmucks like me that don't pay for it.....

As they are finishing up the base of the pyramid: it’s a different color than the rest of the building. The concrete on the building is a beige color, while the pyramid base is gray. This will change, right? 

54 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

As they are finishing up the base of the pyramid: it’s a different color than the rest of the building. The concrete on the building is a beige color, while the pyramid base is gray. This will change, right? 

No, gray and beige is how its gonna be. That's my main problem with it, the contrast of colors.

Although, the only angle I like LU from is the airport where it doesn't look too bad.

Edited by CLT704

19 hours ago, Miesian Corners said:

She's so sexy when she's topless.

Does anyone else think it strange for the north ground level of the building to be grey when the rest of the ground level is beige?  Almost like they are going to connect something to it!

17 minutes ago, DMann said:

Does anyone else think it strange for the north ground level of the building to be grey when the rest of the ground level is beige?  Almost like they are going to connect something to it!

I think this will be connected to LU4 just like LU1 is connected to LU2