Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

15 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

That sunset makes LU not look half bad. I think it highlights how poor the color scheme of the tower is, dark gray and less blue would have looked more proportionate . Hell orange would have been better just to add variety. 

LU actually looks pretty good in the evening

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Could they not have been bigger?  Like everything with this one ill proportioned.  Was hoping for more covering up of the hideous top section.

I think its due to how the logo is constructed, the flag part is set higher up than the font so there has to be more space above the font even though it looks weird. 

43 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Edit: They’re moving fast! The new font is going to look great I think. Now they definitely new to update the signage at BofA Stadium so the logos don’t clash. 

3D7ACD92-3D47-43DE-BE60-E577B5103D56.jpeg

An america that is a bit too far off to the right. How Symbolic. 

******OFF TOPIC******

*******BELONGS IN POLITICAL THREAD I HATE***************

The tower is looking better than I thought. 

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Could they not have been bigger?  Like everything with this one ill proportioned.  Was hoping for more covering up of the hideous top section.

I think it’s done well here. Signage shouldn’t be too big or it’ll take away from the architecture  (insert joke here) but in all seriousness, you just want it to get the job done without being over the top. Once the flag/field logo is added it will be perfect and will create synergy with the stadium signage for aerial shots as they pass by the building and then over the field. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

Still can't believe BofA put a tramp stamp on a building in its hometown.  So tacky.

Also, 1BAC is low-key a beautiful building.  Inside and out.

Blame 5/3 first then Regions then the ball really got going.  Ally will have their name up on their tower and Duke too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Blame 5/3 first then Regions then the ball really got going.  Ally will have their name up on their tower and Duke too. 

Pretty certain the chronology is Grant Thornton, BB&T, 5/3, NASCAR, Ally (current building), *Chiquita add then subtract,  Regions, WeWork, and now BofA

• Like 2

^^Correct but we went a long time after Grant Thornton and BB&T then when 5/3 moved uptown about 10 years that is when it started rolling again.    We forgot Barings too! 

I don't want names on every building but most cities have a mix like we are now getting and many cities have many more named buildings than we ever had or will have. 

• Like 1