Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

20 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

Feel like this angle isn’t shown much. Ally rising.

71F33902-C6AA-45F1-9633-983F9BAAA1DF.jpeg

I just can't believe they are going to add 360,000 sq feet more onto that deck toward mint street. What a disaster, going to look worse than Novel Stonewall Station, a tiny tower with an even fatter ass. Good luck to the folks at Honeywell, Bank of America, and Deloitte as all 3600 cars  exit this deck together through like 2 entrances.

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

LU3 being 300’ (or slightly higher) will have visibility from the stadium?  Anyone know?

I'd imagine it'd be visible from upper deck, lower deck, and the FAR endzone, and MAYYYYBE from the Panther Logo in the middle of the field. It'll be pretty close though.

Edited by Guest

Call me dramatic but this could have been something amazing, it was one of the prime development sites and its been executed terribly. Was Lincoln Harris always going to develop this or was it open to bids? I wonder what other companies would have done. 

Edited by CLT704

16 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Call me dramatic but this could have been something amazing, it was one of the prime development sites and its been executed terribly. Was Lincoln Harris always going to develop this or was it open to bids? I wonder what other companies would have done. 

It was quietly on the market, repped by NAI I believe, and Goldman/Lincoln Harris were the ones with the deepest pockets. Its not like public land where you do RFPs and etc. This was a dying company trying to move a huge liability off their books quickly.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Do you think you'd enjoy parking on the 12th floor of that parking deck and getting out of it?

The parking deck is horrible. Not sure how it got approved or how an architectural firm feels comfortable doing that to such a prime price of land- with their name on it .

55 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Im just making light of something pretty bad. This thread goes through it’s fair share of emotional rollercoasters with LU. Can’t change it now. Im more so excited about what’s going on in Southend than the whole LU development.  It’s just funny to see everyone be reminded weekly how much they hate this development. 

• Like 1