Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

34 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Gorgeous photo.  Just not sure why it seems like LU2 hasn’t been making much progress lately.  Hopefully not some kinda foundation issues...

Wet weather always slows downs building in the foundation stage.  Once the first elevated slab is poured it’s off to the races.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Worst. Wedding dance. Ever.

just wait next year and year after even more with Deloitte and Ally and JLL all moving not to mention other tenants shuffling around.  

It is  a somewhat complicated long dance takes a while to plan and execute and  it can be costly like a wedding gift at a close friend's wedding. 

• Like 1

Goldman Sachs and Lincoln Harris are marketing the not even completed Legacy 1 tower which is now about 80+% pre leased according to Refi Magazine.  They are thinking they should get $435 M for the building or $520 a sq foot!  Says construction financing was from 5/3.     Interesting not totally surprising but expected as they divided up the tract in plats in  a condominium format. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Goldman Sachs and Lincoln Harris are marketing the not even completed Legacy 1 tower which is now about 80+% pre leased according to Refi Magazine.  They are thinking they should get $435 M for the building or $520 a sq foot!  Says construction financing was from 5/3.     Interesting not totally surprising but expected as they divided up the tract in plats in  a condominium format. 

And they recently divided another condo plat, for legacy 4 ;-)

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

And they recently divided another condo plat, for legacy 4 ;-)

Is Legacy 4 the Honeywell Tower?  While KJ and I are in the minority, I think that this project is great.  I hope that it has a lot of greenery between the buildings like Battery Park City of the Hudson Yards in the city that shall not be mentioned.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is Legacy 4 the Honeywell Tower?  While KJ and I are in the minority, I think that this project is great.  I hope that it has a lot of greenery between the buildings like Battery Park City of the Hudson Yards in the city that shall not be mentioned.

Legacy 3 is Honeywell, and We will see about greenery, they keep making the promenade make less and less sense.

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Legacy 3 is Honeywell, and We will see about greenery, they keep making the promenade make less and less sense.

Thanks.  Since it's not clear if BB&T/SunTrust will occupy LU4, do you know if it will even be an office tower, or might it be a residential/hotel tower?

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks.  Since it's not clear if BB&T/SunTrust will occupy LU4, do you know if it will even be an office tower, or might it be a residential/hotel tower?

You'd have to walk into Lincoln Harris and take someone hostage to get that info.

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Look forward to someone buying the building and making $100,000,000 improvements.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Friendly wager that we will see zero residential in all of LU.

Man, I was literally going to post something like that earlier this morning.  With how the market is going and companies relocating to LU, if the residential aspect got 86-ed.  I think LH & Co have an idea/plan of how they envision the full build-out turning out but nothing is set in stone.  If a company came in and said they want to build x tower on a vacant parcel, they would be open to the idea.  I would be okay with that (no resi) if they built a high-end 30+ story hotel on site, although I would still prefer if there was both hotel/resi on site.  My work place doesn't allow me to view legacyunioncharlotte.com anymore for some reason lol but depending upon how you break up those remaining parcels, still have a lot of tower options to still build a residential, I would think.  

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Man, I was literally going to post something like that earlier this morning.  With how the market is going and companies relocating to LU, if the residential aspect got 86-ed.  I think LH & Co have an idea/plan of how they envision the full build-out turning out but nothing is set in stone.  If a company came in and said they want to build x tower on a vacant parcel, they would be open to the idea.  I would be okay with that (no resi) if they built a high-end 30+ story hotel on site, although I would still prefer if there was both hotel/resi on site.  My work place doesn't allow me to view legacyunioncharlotte.com anymore for some reason lol but depending upon how you break up those remaining parcels, still have a lot of tower options to still build a residential, I would think.  

Yeah I think if there were a residential tower it would get gobbled up first by office then secondly by hotel. I think this would be one of the top, if not THE top sites for additional hotel at this point. I know of the plans for the hotel at 3, but could see one at 4 as well.  I think at some point LH will buy another large site and start this process all over again with more retail. Hopefully in Levineland.

• Like 1