Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Whatever people think of this building, I can’t imagine that there’s any dispute about how spectacular the lighting scheme is.  Hopefully, Ally and Duke 2 have magnificent  lighting as well.

The Big 4 lol.  It's going to be quite the four corners in the evening when all those towers are complete.  Went to Let's Meat this past weekend and maybe it's the intensity of the lights, but it def shoots a beam of light into the sky.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Eightane said:

May just be personal opinion, but once the 4 are all complete it's going to feel like a second square. The Trade/Tryon intersection still has that wonderful pocket park and will soon have a Streetcar presence, but this one has The Green and a Whole Foods both nearby as bragging rights. 

This is such a tremendous time for this city.

Yea but consider this, the Plaza in front of Legacy Union is just as big as that pocket park, and you have Ally Center's 1/3 acre plaza to boot. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yea but consider this, the Plaza in front of Legacy Union is just as big as that pocket park, and you have Ally Center's 1/2 acre plaza to boot. 

True, true. I suppose I'll have more to wrap my brain around when those are open, park space is the kind of thing whose impact can be tough for me to pin down until it's done and walkable.

9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think this twitter feed is someone on this page and I mean on this very page.  this is too funny! 

from twitter "" Legacy Union, conservative soccer mom by day, Vegas go-go dancer by night.""

D7DlhkoXYAsCuHH.jpg

They stole my line! (Though made it a bit more PC) 

• Haha 3

Goood news/bad news....maybe.  From the looks of it, they are installing an irrigation system on the large lot of land at S Tryon and Stonewall.  While a large green space is nice uptown (and rare), I was hoping to see a hotel started on this corner.  Not sure why hotels seem to be lagging in the city.  There are a number under construction, I just think we are not developing them fast enough to keep up.

8 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

Goood news/bad news....maybe.  From the looks of it, they are installing an irrigation system on the large lot of land at S Tryon and Stonewall.  While a large green space is nice uptown (and rare), I was hoping to see a hotel started on this corner.  Not sure why hotels seem to be lagging in the city.  There are a number under construction, I just think we are not developing them fast enough to keep up.

Realistically we probably wouldn't see a construction start date until at least late Q4 even if this thing is in development.  With the hot summers in Charlotte this makes sense to maintain at least grass until winter.  Much better than a barren clay dirt plot on the site.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2019 at 10:22 PM, 704Dimitri said:

With Duke turned off it really show cases how bright Legacy is! I wish they would update Hearst Tower lighting. It looks very dim compared to BofA.

27456D8C-F808-4C92-AFB5-479A4190D744.jpeg

They updated Hearst lighting 4 or 5 yrs ago to white leds. Doubt it will be updated again for a long time.