Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Goood news/bad news....maybe.  From the looks of it, they are installing an irrigation system on the large lot of land at S Tryon and Stonewall.  While a large green space is nice uptown (and rare), I was hoping to see a hotel started on this corner.  Not sure why hotels seem to be lagging in the city.  There are a number under construction, I just think we are not developing them fast enough to keep up.

8 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

Goood news/bad news....maybe.  From the looks of it, they are installing an irrigation system on the large lot of land at S Tryon and Stonewall.  While a large green space is nice uptown (and rare), I was hoping to see a hotel started on this corner.  Not sure why hotels seem to be lagging in the city.  There are a number under construction, I just think we are not developing them fast enough to keep up.

Realistically we probably wouldn't see a construction start date until at least late Q4 even if this thing is in development.  With the hot summers in Charlotte this makes sense to maintain at least grass until winter.  Much better than a barren clay dirt plot on the site.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2019 at 10:22 PM, 704Dimitri said:

With Duke turned off it really show cases how bright Legacy is! I wish they would update Hearst Tower lighting. It looks very dim compared to BofA.

27456D8C-F808-4C92-AFB5-479A4190D744.jpeg

They updated Hearst lighting 4 or 5 yrs ago to white leds. Doubt it will be updated again for a long time. 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:31 PM, Crucial_Infra said:

I just hope we don’t end up in a light war because that could get tacky in a hurry. 

Who would get into a light war with the building occupied by the power company?  That's just asking for trouble.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Merthecat said:

Who would get into a light war with the building occupied by the power company?  That's just asking for trouble.

Bring it on. There are a bunch of bad buildings where I wouldn't mind a little pizazz. Le Meridien could certainly use a creative lighting scheme. 

3 hours ago, Merthecat said:

If it weren’t for the former Wachovia CEO refusing to start another building war in Uptown, the lights on DEC wouldn’t exist.