Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I think most people here are chill. We all know they're still testing the lights.... But we can still share differing opinions on the lighting schemes. 

No - I personally don't think the Empire State Building's lighting scheme (in that photo) is tacky. 

Yes - The multi colors on LU1 are tacky looking (in my opinion). And some colors on the pyramid (like red and blue) have looked terrible and almost fuzzy because they're too vibrant. I hope they get it right. Part of the problem with the lighting on this building, in my opinion, is that the entire facade is lit one color and it stands out too much. Whereas 300 S. Tyron is more tastefully done and less in your face when lit at night (even when they have multiple colors going at once). And there's not a true tiered crown to this building that can be back-lit in multiple colors, so everything except the pyramid is just a flood light.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

I think most people here are chill. We all know they're still testing the lights.... But we can still share differing opinions on the lighting schemes. 

No - I personally don't think the Empire State Building's lighting scheme (in that photo) is tacky. 

Yes - The multi colors on LU1 are tacky looking (in my opinion). And some colors on the pyramid (like red and blue) have looked terrible and almost fuzzy because they're too vibrant. I hope they get it right. Part of the problem with the lighting on this building, in my opinion, is that the entire facade is lit one color and it stands out too much. Whereas 300 S. Tyron is more tastefully done and less in your face when lit at night (even when they have multiple colors going at once). And there's not a true tiered crown to this building that can be back-lit in multiple colors, so everything except the pyramid is just a flood light.

Fair enough. Different people have different tastes, but these “Let’s tear it down” comments are over the top, haha.

22 hours ago, Squid7085 said:

I think what people "hate" about it is that in about a year, anyone visiting the city will just think it was another one of the bank towers built in the 90s.

It would be like Apple introducing the iPhone XXS+Max this year and having it look exactly like the original iPhone from 2007. Yeah, sure YOU know it the latest new phone with brain scanning thought password unlock, but everyone that sees you using it will think you haven't been bothered to upgrade your phone for 13 years. A lot of people here want new tall buildings to LOOK like new tall buildings so people who come to visit the city can just inherently see how new and modern everything is, the same way most Chinese cities look. The parking deck also doesn't help.

It is not until the night time where the lighting outs it as a modern building. Hence soccer mom by day, stripper by night. At least that is my interpretation of the last 232 pages of this thread.

Does the regular Joe/Jane even care  or have any clue as to what was built when?  It's just another tall building, really.  Tall buildings project  a "big" city image but ground/street level activity or activity clusters is what most people focus on....stuff to do in  the city. 

• Like 4

Legacy 3 is gonna feel massive on this spot. Wonder if it will be tall enough for field views? 

I don’t think so. from that angle, the scoreboard is too big. Def viewable from all the upper deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will LU3 be built upon that parking structure or next to it?

On top of a further expanded parking structure.

Apparently I need to complain about this fact more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

On top of a further expanded parking structure.

Apparently I need to complain about this fact more.

Also more loudly.  Ya think we can hire Jesus Saves to get our message out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2