Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

35 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Can I start a GoFundMe campaign to get the Jesus saves guy to go around Uptown saying that Legacy Union has zero vision and will essentially be an off brand extension of Uptown's office district?

“I got bad news....”

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Jokes on you, I don't like LU3 either!

When do you think LU3 renderings might be available?  LU2 is nice.  In fact, I really like LU2.  Are the architectural quality for LU1 and LU3 driven by the anchor tenants or Lincoln Harris?  Not trying to pile on hate.  Just curious about process and timeline.

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

When do you think LU3 renderings might be available?  LU2 is nice.  In fact, I really like LU2.  Are the architectural quality for LU1 and LU3 driven by the anchor tenants or Lincoln Harris?  Not trying to pile on hate.  Just curious about process and timeline.

Legacy I has Johnny Harris' fingerprints all over it. Legacy II IDK, but wouldn't be surprised if that was Johnno. Legacy III is tenant driven from what I'm hearting.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

On top of a further expanded parking structure.

Apparently I need to complain about this fact more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I thought that I read.  If that's the case, it could be well underway by next summer since they don't need to build a foundation.  Do you think that's possible?  It would be great it LU2, LU3, DEC2, and the Carolina Theater tower are all at least 20 stories above ground when the RNC occurs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks, that's what I thought that I read.  If that's the case, it could be well underway by next summer since they don't need to build a foundation.  Do you think that's possible?  It would be great it LU2, LU3, DEC2, and the Carolina Theater tower are all at least 20 stories above ground when the RNC occurs.

Will be well under way by this summer. FALL

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Getting back to Legacy I believe all these buildings with their anchor tenants and their designs are drive by that.  BofA wanted a classical design otherwise would have not pre leased 550,000 sq ft.  Whatever Honeywell wants as anchor tenant I am sure they will get so if that is LU3 and it is brick design so be it.    When a tenant moves into an existing building or a building that has been designated with a certain design like Spectrums South end project with Lendingtree they don't have as much choice.  But Deloitte, BofA and Honeywell did have an input.  @ricky_davis_fan_21 told us the old design of Tryon Place was the one pitched to Duke Energy when they did not move on it they scrapped that design and Ally Bank eventually became the anchor tenant and I am sure they loved the new design.    The point is To be Built buildings for the most part are tenant driven and you could build a all glass twisting glass spiral but that does not mean people will lease it because it suits your ego as a developer.   I like the variety of Legacy that is taking places instead a forest of all look alike high rises.  

Welcome @Muggsy01   and he was always one of my favorite players back in the day at the Coliseum on Tyvola.  

I also said it was made very clear to me that Tryon Place was not an efficient design for anyone, which is why it was scrapped.  Especially not a finance user.

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

Hmmm. Doubtful. BofA gave us some of the greatest skyscrapers in America. This is a monument to Johnny Harris, plain and simple.

The design was well underway when they signed, plus they were desperate for space as some of their other leases/consolidations were up so the probably didn't care in the sole interest of time. But you can bet if McColl were still CEO they would have never signed that lease.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

I was skeptical at first, but this checks out...

image.png.77b2e58adad6b2a87dacf46497a46d86.png

aaaand voila!

image.png.631b8b1a401187b9f9b363b170ed9b3c.png

this would actually have looked better than Legacy Union 1 is now

23 minutes ago, SpiritOf76 said:

Maybe not the best design but, for what it’s worth, am still thankful we have a new skyscraper ! :w00t:

Agreed! It extended the skyline south and definitely makes an impact. I don't love it or hate it, and it's rather vanilla from dawn to dusk.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1