Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

32 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

The more people "hate" on this building the more I like it the tallest building in every adjacent state except for GA  (that would include taller than anything in TN, SC and VA)  and it is taller than ANY office building recently built in the ATL       @SpiritOf76 no one hates your photos either and that is not in blue.  We need more people taking photos as everyone is visual.  

Oh I see we are still debating this persons photos after all this time.  I guess nothing changes and and they still all sideways and crooked for no reason.  I set the website months ago to block his posts, I just couldn't take them.  Sorry.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Muggsy01 said:

So, been a long time lurker, but never made an account. Had to today to finally say this. I like this building! I really don't understand the hate. I think it's a classic design, ads great height, and when they stick to one color, the lighting will be awesome at night. Great themed possibilities too. The two shades of teal for the Hornets or Panthers, Carolina Blue for UNC, Red for NC State or the Canes. I truly don't get the hate for this. By 2022 or so, CLT is going to have one of the best skylines in the US, thanks in no small part to LU2. 

I don't really hate the building.  It's no BOACC, or Hearst tower, but it's ok.  The biggest issue I have (with the building itself) is building lighting in general, I'd have rather them spent the money on creating a great street level experience.  I do have an issue with the amount of parking for the whole development.  I mean I get why they have to have it, but uggh...  Parking decks hurt street presence, and encourage car commuting (and I say this as a long range commuter).  Again I completely get why they have to have it, I just wish they could have done something to reducing parking demand (or mitigate it somewhat).  

5 hours ago, CLT> said:

But you can bet if McColl were still CEO they would have never signed that lease.

If they are leasing I doubt that.  I think floor plate size and lease rates are more important.  I mean they might have objected if it were a smaller DEC, or a copy of the jukebox, but otherwise...  

1 minute ago, Clemson16 said:

Specs? Similar height to Ally?

More like Regions.

1 minute ago, Sigma said:

I'd probably like it more if the brick were darker/more red, maybe... Its thick, this is going to look very dense from many angles.

Going to be a monster when approaching from Wilkinson up to 277

Higher Resolution

IMG_6904.jpg

It looks better than I thought it would, and blocks the garage mahal, but what an absolute crapshow Legacy has been thus far. Three office buildings - #1 beige neoclassical, #2 modern sleek glass, and #3 brick. #4 will likely be another large bank tower and large parking deck. 

Sigh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1