Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 minute ago, QClifer said:

would the new FNB tower on Graham be visible in these 2 pictures? Im sure it will in the upper deck

It'd be very visible in the first photo. off the screen on the other.

9 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I'd love a removal and replacement of the blue seats with something that doesn't highlight empty seats as much (not that we have an attendance problem) but it looks very 1996.

I have never been a fan of the blue seats, I am sure they have faded a lot too which makes it seem more like Chapel Hill (although their stadium is usually empty on game days).  I hope Tepper opens some of the upper levels of the stadium so the city seems more a part of the stadium.  From Crucial’s picture, you would have great shots of LU and other parts of town if some sections are removed. Based on the Panthers’ recent survey, it sounds like putting clubs upstairs is an option which would open the stadium up more.  The Dolphins did something similar to their stadium which was a lot like BofA prior to their improvements.

7 hours ago, CLT_sc said:

Agree 100%.  The lighting in this building was designed really well.  I like the placement of the fixtures and as long as they are white, this building looks great.  

The only exception to white should be when the Panthers win the SB, it can be black and blue. Or, if lightning strikes and the Hornets win a NBA title, teal and purple.

Yes!! We are on the same page about it! Could you imagine if this building had gold glass to go along with the lighting. It would be beautiful 

8 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I hope Tepper buys and develops that block for the Panthers, could easily still have high rise office or hotel, but needs someone besides LH to develop some stadium facing retail.

Image result for cardinals developmentsRelated imageRelated image

Totally agree. This is the best use for that site & I don’t think it’s close. Even better if he can buy up some of the land just to the west of BofA Stadium for an MLS stadium, then Old DE site for this. Perhaps even combine an entertainment complex with the city’s desired 1,000 room hotel. That’s close enough to the CC

2 hours ago, Muggsy01 said:

Totally agree. This is the best use for that site & I don’t think it’s close. Even better if he can buy up some of the land just to the west of BofA Stadium for an MLS stadium, then Old DE site for this. Perhaps even combine an entertainment complex with the city’s desired 1,000 room hotel. That’s close enough to the CC

I know this is straying off topic, but how much $ would it cost to remove the substation and consolidate it elsewhere?

12 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

Found this rendering on the Legacy Union website. It looks like a slightly different angle than the one originally shared on here giving more perspective on how it might be viewed from 277 and the Stadium.

D2DB6C6C-0DDF-4069-A85E-7462C25BF443.jpeg

Does anyone know the official height of LU3? By this rendering it looks about the height of ALLY. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I hope Tepper buys and develops that block for the Panthers, could easily still have high rise office or hotel, but needs someone besides LH to develop some stadium facing retail.

Image result for cardinals developmentsRelated imageRelated image

This would be amazing here.  Entertaining, exciting, happening... So I totally expect the folks over there at LU to go a different direction.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

306 feet tall the Honeywell Tower and Regions 615 is 300 feet tall.

and yes it is very wide building.  It is a great deck blocker.  and if you ever saw their NJ HQ this is a MAJOR upgrade from the older suburban campus.  

I’ve driven by the NJ campus many times. The town is beautiful but the campus itself basically looks like it’s out of the film Office Space. They’ll attract much younger talent in CLT, in NJ the area is very suburban & more family oriented, just about too far from NYC/Jersey City/Hoboken to attract Millennial reverse commuters. Of course they’ll also save a boatload in taxes. 

• Like 3