Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 minute ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Lights? Yes. Do they work? No.

Its like every 6 years they fix them, then they go out after a year or 2.

Very true....it’s a game for NCDOT to light a mile and keep three miles dark, then light another mile.  Maybe they are trying to keep drivers alert.

16 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Lights? Yes. Do they work? No.

Its like every 6 years they fix them, then they go out after a year or 2.

NCDOT changed policy now, and only exits will have lighting going forward, any new highway built will not have lighting for the length of it. I think they realized they can't fix what they have.

28 minutes ago, CLT> said:

NCDOT changed policy now, and only exits will have lighting going forward, any new highway built will not have lighting for the length of it. I think they realized they can't fix what they have.

But its all lit up in G-Boro and Raleigh... :tw_expressionless:

I think they will certainly build more marking. What is the timeline for 4?

I so want them to have a building that really pops for this development. Like. A nice gold iconic building. But idk. I think there may only be one more office since there is already 3. Needs a hotel and maybe residential. Or maybe something unique that’s low rise like a museum or attraction. This just can’t all possibly be two blocks of office. 

Edited by j-man

1 hour ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

But its all lit up in G-Boro and Raleigh... :tw_expressionless:

I think they will certainly build more marking. What is the timeline for 4?

They are drawing/have drawn an office tower and are marketing to pre-leases (they marketed to Truist). Given the size they are going to need to build another deck :(

1 hour ago, j-man said:

I so want them to have building that really pops for this development. Like. A nice gold iconic building. But idk. I think there may only be one more office since there is already 3. Needs a hotel and maybe residential. Or maybe something unique that’s low rise like a museum or attraction. This just can’t all possible two blocks of office. 

Large hotel will be most symbiotic use. Not sure if they do multifamily, so they may have to bring someone in......

Edited by lancer22
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

They are drawing/have drawn an office tower and are marketing to pre-leases (they marketed to Truist). Given the size they are going to need to build another deck :(

Large hotel will be most symbiotic use. Not sure if they do multifamily, so they may have to bring someone in......

They have done Multifamily, but I believe partnered with Childress Klein to do it.

SO THIS IS VERY INTERESTING. 

Got this updated site plan today. They are actually considering developing that little spot in the bend. very interesting. Could fit a hotel, but I think it could also fit a small multi floor retail or entertainment building.

image.thumb.png.0f75d03e120555a2c4ee4e2f44c35212.png

11 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Got this updated site plan today. They are actually considering developing that little spot in the bend. very interesting. Could fit a hotel, but I think it could also fit a small multi floor retail or entertainment building.

Interesting the backside is filling up and not the front of the blocks. Makes me wonder if there is some grand plan for that part or not. 

Office towers in the back... maybe. My little fantasy. The stonewall station portions flanked on the corner by large hotel/residential towers and mid rise birkdale village like retail on the ground, 3 floors of residential above. That’d be awesome.

though it is curious the office is in the back so far.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They should put like some sort of retail building with a couple floors there. Like a mini Epicenter lol or that retail tower going up. Lol 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, j-man said:

They should put like some sort of retail building with a couple floors there. Like a mini Epicenter lol or that retail tower going up. Lol 

shocker, I AGREE 100%. 

I had heard from 2 or 3 different contacts that there would be a food hall located at Honeywell...

Then again Lincoln Harris' idea of a "food hall" probably includes a Chick Fil A, Sbarro, Great Steak & Potato and a Hibachi Express.

I digress... So yea, I think the sizes of the retail spaces with Honeywell say otherwise, so maybe that little spot could be a nice multilevel food and entertainment complex. Could be somewhat subsidized since its an overall 

Edited by Guest

I think corner of Stonewall and S Tryon is for an office tower as they have advertised one way before even announcing Legacy 2 Deloitte. 

I know someone mentioned Lifetime Fitness landing somewhere in Legacy and they are getting into coworking space and joint ventures with apartment developers.  Doing that in Dallas and Houston.  Why am I mentioning Lifetime? there were one of the first land purchasers of land in Lincoln Harris's Rea Farm Village.  Imagine a high rise apartment with a Lifestyle fitness club as the amenity and also as an amenity for office workers or hotel guests (and I do think a hotel will rise on one of these 2 blocks).  

https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/mixed-use/life-time-drops-fitness-from-name-plans-expansion-into-all-facets-of-real-estate-80776

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

Honeywell looks like a giant paper shredder.

I'm going to continue working and NOT photoshop that. It'll probably be the hardest thing I'll ever do, NOT photoshopping this.

Edited by Guest