Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

24 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Legacy today and I think it looks GREAT.  More yall hate it on it the more I like it!  And as hinted it will sell probably later in the year for a record amount of money for a QC real estate transaction. 

By the way I think the Honeywell tower is getting ready to start really soon saw workers over there.  And the site was brimming with construction workers especially on Hill St by the mobile taco truck.   Legacy 2 on 4th floor and rising. 

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1000.JPG

See, I like this building. I Like that it has that very subtle curve, and that it'll cantilever over Tryon. Even at only 290 or so feet, it'll make a huge impact on this side of town, especially from 277.  It'll practically rise up from 277, along with Honeywell.

I think Legacy 2  will really complement Legacy 1 tower and make it look like this project was done by different developers.  When they broke ground on the first tower Bank of America Tower no one was predicting they would have 3 office towers going up this fast.  It is nothing sort of amazing.  As Honeywell was quoted they knew Lincoln Harris could get it done. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I think Legacy 2  will really complement Legacy 1 tower and make it look like this project was done by different developers.  When they broke ground on the first tower Bank of America Tower no one was predicting they would have 3 office towers going up this fast.  It is nothing sort of amazing.  As Honeywell was quoted they knew Lincoln Harris could get it done. 

Nah, I think it'll be obvious its the same developer. They are using same color windows and same materials for non glass areas. 

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

From Friday.  Notice the cladding on the mega parking garage and with Honeywell tower blocking the view of the exposed side this garage is pretty well wrapped in cladding.    Legacy 2 on the 5th floor now. 

IMG_1094.JPG

Thank heavens that parking garage will be obscured by another ... parking garage. XD 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Do you guys know if the Honeywell Sign will be visible from within the Stadium?  From the rendering it looks like it’ll be close.  

I think it will be right above the scoreboard then Bank of Americ's name further up on the horizon.  

• Like 1

I was actually discussing parking with some folks on the r/Charlotte reddit page, and I may post this in the Plaza Midwood thread too, but how much parking should be provided on a site like this? I know we're still a largely car dependent city, but if there's any place that's easy for a 9-5 paper pusher to get to without a car, it's uptown. 

On 7/27/2019 at 9:42 PM, mpretori said:

I'd put money on it the bottom half, which is another parking garage, does not look like the rendering. 

I will put my money, that it actually will look exactly like the rendering. Actually not hard to match it, you can get an idea of just how cheap it'll look judging by the brick on the existing garage.

11 hours ago, nakers2 said:

I was actually discussing parking with some folks on the r/Charlotte reddit page, and I may post this in the Plaza Midwood thread too, but how much parking should be provided on a site like this? I know we're still a largely car dependent city, but if there's any place that's easy for a 9-5 paper pusher to get to without a car, it's uptown. 

There are ~3,000 parking spaces at Legacy Union. About 7,000 people will probably be working at the site between Bank of America Tower, Deloitte's tower, and Honeywell's tower (if somebody has an exact number that would be great). In the future the main deck may serve some of the future developments as well. BofA will be doing a pretty dense floor plan in this building and the "hotel" set up with seats unassigned and lockers available for storing things overnight. 

So the deck will likely fill up quickly leaving over 50% of the employees to take transit / find alternative parking locations. 

Edited by CLT2014

6 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

There are ~3,000 parking spaces at Legacy Union. About 7,000 people will probably be working at the site between Bank of America Tower, Deloitte's tower, and Honeywell's tower (if somebody has an exact number that would be great). In the future the main deck may serve some of the future developments as well. BofA will be doing a pretty dense floor plan in this building and the "hotel" set up with seats unassigned and lockers available for storing things overnight. 

So the deck will likely fill up quickly leaving over 50% of the employees to take transit / find alternative parking locations. 

Correction. There are currently 4,600 parking spaces at Legacy Union.

1 hour ago, CLT2014 said:

What I find interesting is the requirement for every employee to have a parking space. 30% of Expedia corporate employees commutes single in a car in Bellevue. Sounds like a reward to garantee a parking space. Why would anyone live downtown or take mass transit to work? 

28 minutes ago, mpretori said:

What I find interesting is the requirement for every employee to have a parking space. 30% of Expedia corporate employees commutes single in a car in Bellevue. Sounds like a reward to garantee a parking space. Why would anyone live downtown or take mass transit to work? 

It's not quite everyone. BOAT and LU2 are parked at 2 sp / 1,000 sq ft and Honeywell is 3 sp / 1,000 sq ft I believe. There are probably 3.5-4.0 employees per 1,000 sq ft in these buildings.

Edited by lancer22
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Correction. There are currently 4,600 parking spaces at Legacy Union.

I'm really bad at estimating parking spaces. I read somewhere Southpark mall has 7,500, so I was guessing based on that. I honestly thought this would be like a 5-6000 car deck at least, plus the parking across the way and the additional parking at honeywell, I figured this would be edging on 8,000+, thank goodness I don't design parking decks, but it goes to show how much space cars really take up. 

• Like 1