Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

9 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Don't forget the last lot that is now under contract. I wouldn't doubt it if it sold for 8-10 million. In the Stonewall Station sale, that last piece went for crazy money.

Last lot that is now under contract  and the price is not out yet.   I do not think any plans and pictures will be out until late this year or early next year.  LH has a lot of figuring out how to make this project to work spending close to 40 million for land.  I guess  the project will cost  over 400 million and up if they figure the land would be 10% of the project.  

In commercial  construction how much is the cost of land is to the  total cost of the project for Charlotte?

Edited by RiverwoodCLT

2 hours ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

Last lot that is now under contract  and the price is not out yet.   I do not think any plans and pictures will be out until late this year or early next year.  LH has a lot of figuring out how to make this project to work spending close to 40 million for land.  I guess  the project will cost  over 400 million and up if they figure the land would be 10% of the project.  

In commercial  construction how much is the cost of land is to the  total cost of the project for Charlotte?

I'm hearing well well north of a billion, for what it's worth. 

They are KILLING it on the demo.  The backhoe in front (on Tryon St.) is almost digging down far enough you can only see the roof of the machine.  They have also broken out two windows on the upper floor facing Tryon St.  Maybe the true construction gurus on the forum here can provide insight - but I would guess that the utilities are shut off and having some open space is helping keep the building from being hell on Earth with the high temps.

HB2's passage and the loss of the game will have catastrophic damage to this and other Harris developments. 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article91375582.html

“The impact on companies relocating...is way more significant,” said Harris. “For every one that’s still coming, there are probably 10 that aren’t.”

Edited by mpretori

41 minutes ago, mpretori said:

HB2's passage and the loss of the game will have catastrophic damage to this and other Harris developments. 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article91375582.html

“The impact on companies relocating...is way more significant,” said Harris. “For every one that’s still coming, there are probably 10 that aren’t.”

Edited by caterpillar2
I am right, they are wrong. Why argue.

The article said HB2 passage AND the NBA move. I think it's just more straws on the camels back is the point. It would be nice if we could see some more numbers in a few months. Although it's the developers opinion that matters, whether it's based on hunch or facts, they're the ones putting up the cash.

13 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

This is a project that is going to take years.  They are in demo mode.  Callow comments like this at this have PR as the author.  

This came from Lincoln Harris directly, and this is the first statement they made on HB2. I think they know more about HQ prospects and their own development more than we do. 

45 minutes ago, mpretori said:

This came from Lincoln Harris directly, and this is the first statement they made on HB2. I think they know more about HQ prospects and their own development more than we do. 

I guess I'm saying I don't think they know what they're talking about.  Of course, I could explain myself more fully, but I'm just keeping it short and sweet.  Onward to good news....?

11 minutes ago, HopHead said:

We already have a few other threads like the Bad News report and NC civil rights that are discussing HB2. Let's not poison another thread with this stuff. Thanks. 

My post consisted of lincoin harris. Sorry the development company had negative news, but not every development announcement is positive.

4 minutes ago, 49er said:

There is a 31 story office building in permitting for the corner of Church and Stonewall across from the older Duke Energy building. Is that considered part of this project? Pardon if this is something that has been discussed in a previous thread but it was the first I've heard of it. 

Where do you see that? You might be looking at the museum towers permits

7 minutes ago, 49er said:

It says 31 story commercial office tower, 1,000,000 of space, fronting Church at Stonewall even though it is addressed at 620 South Tryon. Over 420' in height with "pyramid roof"

The amount of space, floors and address align toward the permit being for Tryon Place.  Fronting Church and the Pyramid roof does not match that project though.

Edited by SouthEndCLT811