Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

19 hours ago, SpeckWiley said:

I freaking love tower cranes, for some reason they really signify to me that a project is rolling. Even though I obviously know that this tower has been for a few months now.

I absolutely agree!

A realistic estimation based on current and recently completed construction progress/milestones:  LU2 at this rate will probably top out around early to mid December.  LU3 will begin going vertical (slowly at first with the parking garage since it is Podium Construction) around mid November to early December barring any weather delays or foundation problems.  This will provide for continuous erection activity at the LU site.  Fairly impressive.

If the economy holds and LH allows more office at the site (remember they wanted a mix of uses), it wouldn’t surprise me if LU4 is announced sometime prior to the Honeywell Tower Completion.  Just seems like there’s so much momentum towards Office right now and I’m sure they could fit in one more Major Office Building before turning to Mixed Use Retail/Residential or Hotel Structures.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hinsp0 said:

Ah yes, continuous erection activity.  ***blue font.  Sorry for the juvenile humor, but the new season of southpark started and I feel inspired.

Looking forward to a new tower crane popping up here.  Well worth the “club amenities” surcharge on my tickets.

147B38F4-C47B-43CF-8E75-F04B3DEDC178.jpeg

No worries mate!  

How appropriate though that there is a buxom cheerleader pictured on the Jumbotron above....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nakers2 said:

Really cool lighting setup on the stairs. I fear this building might become a bit less welcoming due to security constraints though. Was (politely) informed by a security guard that I could not go on the stairs, but we could take pictures. 

So this project could have been a great gateway to the stadium but ends up being a fortified office park.

• Like 2

As a reminder (because I was curious and looked), LU2 for Deloitte will be 18 stories.  I am not exactly sure how you count those bottom floors, but it looks like there are 7 or 8 more floors to go.   It might be less pronounced than the Spectrum property, but that cantilever will be pretty spectacular from the street level once it makes it all the way to the top and is glassed.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

So with so many signs of a looming recession around the corner what is the likelihood that the Honeywell tower will be the last for this project until the next cycle? 

I don't think it will be the last, I think we will get one more squeak in. People aren't done moving here. 

Edited by Guest