Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

44 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

One more thing on this executive parking level I think I misspoke.  This was planned before Deloitte came on board,  LH did this successfully at the Capitol Towers in Southpark and has some executive parking in Legacy BOAT at the Hill St S Church corner as well next to the tower.  It is a marketing tool that does seem popular having special parking areas for the decision makers.  Same as the old reserved parking spaces just in  a different area all together.   

Maybe they will get their own private elevator right next to their car! Wouldn't want to strain the muscles!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

Sherwin Williams HQ as LU4 would be nice.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

One thing about this Honeywell move to Legacy is this the first time a new company has moved to town and anchored a new office building.  Not happened before and it speaks the attraction of the center city these days.   Up to this point all our towers uptown have been started with local tenants or tenants already in the market.  

One point about economic slow downs is that companies sometimes move to cheaper locales like Charlotte to reduce costs and shed employees.  

Barings? While they moved here before 300 South Tryon was built,  I thought it was pretty much announced in conjuction with their move here and they just took temp office space until 300 South Tryon was completed.

Barings was here long before that tower under their old name then Mass Mutual bought Barings and merged both under Barings name.   I can't remember their original name but they were an original tenant in DEC.  It was called Babson Capital and Cornerstone development long owned by Mass Mutual

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

This LU building got a lot of trashing on this forum while it was being built.  I never understood why.  It's one of my favorite buildings there.  I think it looks glorious in the nighttime skyline.

Agreed! Majestic at day and glorious at night. One of my favorite buildings as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DamicoKaren said:

Agreed! Majestic at day and glorious at night. One of my favorite buildings as well. 

I think it's generally average during the day, not bad, but not like amazing either, it's skyline filler, but at night, I have to day it takes the cake from DEC. I know them's fightin' words for some people, but the lighting scheme is incredible. Maybe the DEC just needs a lighting upgrade, but the brightness of BofA is the first to catch my attention now from all angles. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nakers2 said:

I think it's generally average during the day, not bad, but not like amazing either, it's skyline filler, but at night, I have to day it takes the cake from DEC. I know them's fightin' words for some people, but the lighting scheme is incredible. Maybe the DEC just needs a lighting upgrade, but the brightness of BofA is the first to catch my attention now from all angles. 

New DEC lights will hopefully be coming before the RNC. I know they were proposed for the 2020 budget.

• Like 2