Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

On 10/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, KJHburg said:

View of the Honeywell site and Legacy 2 tower.  From the mega garage I can see at least 4 more large high rise towers on these 2 blocks given the footprints of the existing tower.   One thing I noticed today and does anyone know about this why would they put a set of rails in the walkway between the mega garage and future towers maybe for one of those incline railways down the hill to the stadium or a cable car?   I just thought that was interesting.  From my walkabout today.    Believe me that garage is solid not a prefab concrete snap together garage.  Perhaps they should put a Helipad on the top floor. 

Rails at Legacy shot is 14th photo.  (hey I will be out of pocket for the next 2 weeks that's why so many photos LOL)

IMG_4339.JPG

Haven't seen the tracks in person so I cannot say if maybe they were moved but I honestly doubt it considering the effort it would take, do they lead to the tracks across mint that continue into the rear entry/player's parking lot for the stadium? I always wondered about them, crazy to think that newspapers were such a big business that a train had to be used to deliver supplies, really cool they incorporated that into the design, gold star for them. 

In regards to the deck, I can second that notion, it's not your typical "bounces when you drive on it" deck. With that being said, is there a snowball's chance in hell anything would ever be built on top?   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JacksonH said:

I don't know about this.  Perhaps I need to see it in person to appreciate it, but looking at this gif, and the one in the link SydneyCarton posted above, this looks Las Vegas tacky to me.  What happens in Las Vegas really needs to stay in Las Vegas.

I agree. I think it’s the design of the building that’s throwing it off for me. The lights would look great on a more modern building  or even DEC. 

6 hours ago, JacksonH said:

I don't know about this.  Perhaps I need to see it in person to appreciate it, but looking at this gif, and the one in the link SydneyCarton posted above, this looks Las Vegas tacky to me.  What happens in Las Vegas really needs to stay in Las Vegas.

I think it'll look really cool as long as they don't use it too much. It'd be nice to see the colors go like that whenever the Panthers score or something like the Duke Energy building does.

• Like 3