Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

3 hours ago, Nick2 said:

I think they were just testing it out. I doubt they'll have any sort of display that gaudy unless they coordinated with other towers or for an especially prominent event. Like adding to the dazzle of uptown fireworks on the fourth.

That's good to know, and I hope you're right that this is being reserved for special events.  If it's used sparingly for the purpose of celebrating something, I'm totally on board with that.  That would make sense.  The Charlotte skyline has a classy look (unlike Vegas), so I'd hate for it to lose that.  Now what's with the people and their down votes?  None of them are willing to engage in a dialogue about this, they just go straight to a down vote and say nothing.  I didn't make a personal attack against anyone, I just said I don't like the flashing lights.  Does that make me a bad person?

3 hours ago, Desert Power said:

I wish Honeywell would be more flush with the street.

Are they making any use of that space at all, to engage and attract pedestrians?  If it's like a small plaza with room for street vendors it wouldn't be so bad.

4 hours ago, bluehedgehogNS said:

I think it'll look really cool as long as they don't use it too much. It'd be nice to see the colors go like that whenever the Panthers score or something like the Duke Energy building does.

Agreed!  Using it that way, and only that way, would be cool and make it special.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 1:36 PM, JacksonH said:

I don't know about this.  Perhaps I need to see it in person to appreciate it, but looking at this gif, and the one in the link SydneyCarton posted above, this looks Las Vegas tacky to me.  What happens in Las Vegas really needs to stay in Las Vegas.

They only do this on nights the panthers win for about an hour. I think it’s cool as hell. The building has a really impressive lighting system. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Does LU2 / Deloitte not have its own thread? Anyway here it is catching up to Ally. I think they will be roughly the same height when complete?

8D0FC05A-AAA3-48A6-A022-97FF5A536061.jpeg

What will be the same height? Deloitte? It'll be a lot shorter than Ally. 137 feet shorter.

Edited by Guest

Is LH going to remove the chain link fence along Stonewall?  If we aren’t going to see new construction here, the fence is not that appealing and should be removed.

Wouldn’t doubt if Legacy 4 sneaks in before the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Wouldn’t doubt if Legacy 4 sneaks in before the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I wanted to hear. But, to be honest, I do like seeing a lot of green space in that corner.  Hope they set Lu4 back a little.

Edited by CLT_sc
  • Haha 1

That’s what I wanted to hear. But, to be honest, I do like seeing a lot of green space in that corner.  Hope they set Lu4 back a little.

With the open space to occupied space ratio requirement, I reckon they will need another 25k+ of open space somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk