Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, Boricua said:

I think we are LONG overdue for a new tallest. It's been 28 long years since the Bank of America Corporate Center opened and has held the title. I don't want it to break 112 Tryon Plazas record of 35 years as the cities tallest.

I don’t see this area being a spot for the new tallest...it should be more centrally located like near BofA. The north end needs this momentum 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

They don't have any plans to turn the top of the attached parking garage of BOA & Deloitte into a Green Roof/garden, do they?  Similar to what DEC has.

Per their marketing documents, the roof of that parking deck, is built to accommodate a 50k sq foot office expansion of the 4th floor of Legacy Union. What is not clear, however, is if it is also built to accommodate an additional phase. 

1 hour ago, j-man said:

I don’t see this area being a spot for the new tallest...it should be more centrally located like near BofA. The north end needs this momentum 

Oh I agree completely.  I didn't mean specifically at Legacy Union. My bad. I'm just jonesing for a 1000 footer

Edited by Boricua
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think Lincoln Harris is not a developer that will build a new tallest building ever, anywhere. That’s a big risk.

And a three use tower, would take three different lobby’s, and a big footprint. I’d rather densify.

I don’t think a new tallest will happen until uptown is devoid of parking lots, and they have to start tearing down 1960s-70s buildings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk