Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

8 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Any chance that LU2 and LU3 will have decorative lighting?  If so, what do you all think about that - would it be a good thing or too tacky?

I could be 100 percent wrong, but I don’t see how LU2 could have elaborate lighting, considering it is almost completely glass. 

With that being said, I can see a possible tacky lighting scheme for LU3, as the building is already tacky in design. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I could be 100 percent wrong, but I don’t see how LU2 could have elaborate lighting, considering it is almost completely glass. 

With that being said, I can see a possible tacky lighting scheme for LU3, as the building is already tacky in design. 

I could see a light bar around the top, with possibly lighted signage. Beyond that I think your right that it probably won’t have a lighting scheme like it’s surrounding towers. I’m cool with that though. :tw_glasses:

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Any idea if they're going to at least put a little plaza or something there to fill it in?

If I had to guess what they might do with this block... I feel like they've carved themselves a very interesting little space, by doing the promenade like this, and I'd be interested to see if they develop a retail building here.  

Note: All of my predictions for Legacy Union have been fairly wrong.

image.png

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

If I had to guess what they might do with this block... I feel like they've carved themselves a very interesting little space, by doing the promenade like this, and I'd be interested to see if they develop a retail building here.  

Note: All of my predictions for Legacy Union have been fairly wrong. LOL

image.png

The Promenade side shows some promise. The GarageofAmerica entrance side not so much. If the stadium is indeed replaced in a decade or so and the grid is fixed like you have suggested then that could make a difference with more space fronting the straightened out Mint Street.

6 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

Would they really block “the promenade” from Mint and the stadium? Seems like it would be a pointless promenade if they were to just block it off and hide it down an alley.

Surely there would be some kind of arcade connecting the promenade to Mint Street?

31 minutes ago, King of the Queen City said:

Surely there would be some kind of arcade connecting the promenade to Mint Street?

That was originally the plan, a grand staircase, but it changed very abruptly one day. So thats either another plaza, or a building, them cutting the pathway like that was very intentionally done. They had planned a entertainment zone where Honeywell is now, sort of akin to Epicentre, obviously that changed, but I was thinking you could still do a 4 or 5 floor retail building, like B Tower, but 3x larger footprint. 

Like I said, I am having a hard time figuring out Lincoln Harris' plan, because it keeps changing. We've had 9 "RTAPs" 

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That was originally the plan, a grand staircase, but it changed very abruptly one day. So thats either another plaza, or a building, them cutting the pathway like that was very intentionally done. They had planned a entertainment zone where Honeywell is now, sort of akin to Epicentre, obviously that changed, but I was thinking you could still do a 4 or 5 floor retail building, like B Tower, but 3x larger footprint. 

Like I said, I am having a hard time figuring out Lincoln Harris' plan, because it keeps changing. We've had 9 "RTAPs" 

It would be cool if they cut through the building Cinderella’s Castle style with an arch with the steps going down to Mint.

199355AE-8654-4897-81CF-37DE80A95DD6.jpeg.78da366c852b538881949497fb41b98e.jpeg

4191E2E4-F426-43A1-9343-840CD0D8C816.thumb.jpeg.624e4f82f314ace1643d217601563f14.jpeg

For that matter, Lincoln Harris should just build “Charlotte’s Castle,” haha.

8E357ECD-80D4-4534-90B1-1FC317B85DE4.thumb.jpeg.65806394ab852bfd94ef0f83a6d42708.jpeg

Edited by King of the Queen City
  • Like 2

the little "picnic" area at the Honeywell tower is outdoor dining patio for a restaurant.  In terms of the rest of the plan I am not sure Lincoln Harris knows for sure now as they are letting the market decide.  They have built a whole lot more office space than I bet they originally they start with but that is important as it makes the hotel and residential easier in the future.  Caution @ricky_davis_fan_21 are his guesses like he said but the plan keeps changing.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2