Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I honestly don't see the problem with this complex.  I think that it's beautiful.   

I think the same about this project.  While it’s not my favorite design, it is not offensive.  Deloitte maybe saving it for me, they did a nice job with the cantilevered front and even slightly bending the building to follow the road.  The lighting on BofA is really good.

The site does need a hotel and residential to make this site even better.  I am surprised that a hotel has not been announced.  The parking deck is huge and would have been way too costly to build under ground.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Nashville feels more alive than Charlotte, despite having fewer people living downtown. The key difference is that most of Nashville's tourists are going downtown just for Broadway and country music stuff. We have nothing remotely close to that here, and that's what affects the vibe/feel of the city outside of the buildings.

That is subjective and not really relevant to what I said. Nashville does not have more people living in it’s downtown or visiting than Charlotte. 

11 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

That is subjective and not really relevant to what I said. Nashville does not have more people living in it’s downtown or visiting than Charlotte. 

Nashville is pretty awesome, but so is the QC.  I quite like Nashville, but it’s in the middle of nothing and nowhere near the ocean.  It’s great to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

Perhaps, but the discussion was about how the city feels.  Have you been to Nashville? Broadway is the entertainment district Charlotte dreams of. Where people are going while they are in town is absolutely relevant. 

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

Perhaps, but the discussion was about how the city feels.  Have you been to Nashville? Broadway is the entertainment district Charlotte dreams of. Where people are going while they are in town is absolutely relevant. 

It really is all tourists on Broadway though, most locals are in places like 12th South, etc..  That being said, I would love to have an entertainment district just half that size here in Charlotte.  At least have somewhere to take people when they come to visit.

12 South in Nashvegas is over run with tourists now too especially since the Frothy Monkey and Reese Witherspoon's shop gets so much press.

again bringing back to Legacy do you realize the BOAT would be the tallest building in Tennessee if in that state?

can't wait to see the next tower of the mega block go up and Legacy 2 and 3 to finish up.  Legacy 4 coming in 2020.  

• Like 4