Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

On 1/9/2020 at 10:32 AM, KJHburg said:

Sunshine and winter clear skies makes for great photos.   Notice the indoor wonder wall inside of the lobby of the BOAT.    this is almost topped out Legacy 2.

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

I counted the floors and they made it to the 17th floor atm, they have another floor to go before the building tops out, cant wait what the final result might be

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, j-man said:

I hope this is the last blue/green glass building uptown for a while. 

Unless its changed, Duke Energy 2 will should be a mixture of reflective blue green glass, and transparent green glass. Matching their logo colors a bit.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, turbocraig said:

I like the flat top much better.  Far less contrived looking IMO.  Looking at the side-by-sides, they also eliminated a couple of the vertical brick elements on the north and south sides.  I get that it’s more windows for the inside likely, but it looks a bit squattier to me with fewer vertical elements.  Overall I think it’s an improvement. 

A8AAF7A9-6B9F-4816-B9E1-277097BD9C7D.jpeg

2E2244AF-6CA0-4331-A0AA-0891873F9781.jpeg

They've also seem to have replaced the windows on the parking deck part with architectural screening. HUGE downgrade, if I'm reading this correctly, very disappointing. Can't tell though, there is reflections on the Mint St facing side.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They've also seem to have replaced the windows on the parking deck part with architectural screening. HUGE downgrade, if I'm reading this correctly, very disappointing. Can't tell though, there is reflections on the Mint St facing side.

It looks like it is gray from reflection, not screening. If it is screening that is disappointing, because I was about to say they VE'ed it and made it look better.... 

1 minute ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

While I think these buildings look fabulous, and a huge economic boost to the city, and will ultimately lead to more people downtown....

This place gets a huge “F” on doing anything for the walkability  or anything pedestrian related. So far. 

Looks like a huge sidewalk with trees, and patios from ground floor retail opening up to the sidewalk.

Have you walked Mint St in the past decade? Or am I missing something?

18 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Looks like a huge sidewalk with trees, and patios from ground floor retail opening up to the sidewalk.

Have you walked Mint St in the past decade? Or am I missing something?

Judging based off what I’ve seen in person a few months ago. I realize that it’s obviously not completely built. But I’m having a hard time envisioning anything but huge sidewalks with trees at this point (Exaggerating obviously. I’m sure there will be some fabulous lobbies, maybe an Essex type restaurant here or there. A gym.) Basically a giant 300 South Tryon development/complex without a cool curvy sidewalk. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1