Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, michaelef said:

According to some reliable sources another tower is already planned on that grassy spot next to the bank of america tower. The design is supposed to be similar to the Deloitte tower but taller. 

Wow.  So they must have another tenant lined up.  

Even if it’s taller than LU2, I assume that it will be sufficiently small like LU2 and LU3 to proceed with a 100k sf commitment by a tenant.   That would be fantastic.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, michaelef said:

According to some reliable sources another tower is already planned on that grassy spot next to the bank of america tower. The design is supposed to be similar to the Deloitte tower but taller. 

So it’s definitely another office tower? 

• Like 1

Lincoln Harris  from twitter today. 

·
#DYK there’s enough post tension cable in the concrete slabs of the 720 S Church Street parking deck to reach from Charlotte to Richmond?

the more you know......  told you this was a sturdy garage unless some of the precast garages that have a "bounce" to them. 
Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Lincoln Harris  from twitter today. 

·
#DYK there’s enough post tension cable in the concrete slabs of the 720 S Church Street parking deck to reach from Charlotte to Richmond?

the more you know......  told you this was a sturdy garage unless some of the precast garages that have a "bounce" to them. 

weird flex

How many people think the next tower will be on the right side of this pic, and will basically be a mirror image of LU2?   Look at that linear cohesion between these 2...seems likely to me they'll mimic that in whatever does go up, creating a striking visual element to this little park...

I think it’ll be a large retail podium, and around 25 floors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

If a hotel is built, I'd like to see something very high end like a Mandarin, Peninsula, Waldorf, or St. Regis.  I'd like to see a limestone structure and designed by Robert A.M. Stern, like Courier Square in Charleston or some of Stern's mid-rise towers in NY (e.g., the Central Park South Side of 220 Central Park South). 
Charlotte is ready for something very posh.  All of the very luxurious homes being built in Myers Park and South Park, let alone the booming business community and office construction boom, evidence this great expansion of wealth in the QC.

Perhaps it could have a mix of ten high-end condos and  twenty very high end rentals with some posh stores at the base like Brooks Brothers, Tiffany, etc.

I think that Courier Square is really magnificent.

1-2019A48_480_Pre.psd_.jpg

6246fd00-2340-11ea-aacf-ba910ad310e0.jpg

Nah, would much prefer a fairmont or the  four seasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

If a hotel is built, I'd like to see something very high end like a Mandarin, Peninsula, Waldorf, or St. Regis.  I'd like to see a limestone structure and designed by Robert A.M. Stern, like Courier Square in Charleston or some of Stern's mid-rise towers in NY (e.g., the Central Park South Side of 220 Central Park South). 
Charlotte is ready for something very posh.  All of the very luxurious homes being built in Myers Park and South Park, let alone the booming business community and office construction boom, evidence this great expansion of wealth in the QC.

Perhaps it could have a mix of ten high-end condos and  twenty very high end rentals with some posh stores at the base like Brooks Brothers, Tiffany, etc.

I think that Courier Square is really magnificent.

1-2019A48_480_Pre.psd_.jpg

6246fd00-2340-11ea-aacf-ba910ad310e0.jpg

The architecture theme in uptown does not support this type of development. I can see this in Durham or Asheville, but not Charlotte. The theme as been glass mid-rises with oodles of benches and parking decks. 

3 hours ago, j-man said:

my question is....Will the next tower need an  attached parking garage? Or will the large deck have enough spaces for another towers workers

if an office tower the will probably add some spaces as they call it executive parking but not any huge deck like the Mega deck they have already built. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The architecture theme in uptown does not support this type of development. I can see this in Durham or Asheville, but not Charlotte. The theme as been glass mid-rises with oodles of benches and parking decks. 

If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on same exact design & materials as LU2, though maybe some variation in mid to upper floors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

If there’s a building that truly doesn’t deserve matching, flanking, symmetrical twin buildings that frame out a rectangular piece of grass...it’s LU1. I hope LU4 is taller than LU2, and completely different. It already feels weird with the same glass on LU2 - mix it up! 

I feel the same exact way. Maybe if this was a campus with the same company in every building but this design is good for what it is. No more.