Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I wonder if the LU2 Cantilever Top will be backlit somehow or if the Ally Sweatband top will be lit?  Hopefully both will add positively to Charlotte skyline light show

Pretty sure that is plastic yard fencing they got from Home Depot. It looks horrible. They put all that money in a building and finish it off like that.

21 hours ago, Wrangler said:

Ding, Ding, Ding. I thought about this a lot over the last number of months. You nailed it . The design possibilities are endless. The taller and brighter, the better. Problem is the world has just changed for the time being. Real Estate taking a big hit when the world changes. Because of that , I would rather wait for the proper plan than settle for something less.

Thank you. And yes I agree this is a tough time for real estate overall. I was thinking a hotel of at least 500 rooms would be great seeing as though it’s right near the stadium and all of these new office buildings. It would cut down just a bit more on how many out of town people come and want to stay somewhere near the stadium to catch a game and wouldn’t have to drive and park anywhere so that would cut down on the amount of cars and parking spaces needed for events at BofA stadium.  I would want it to be at least 25 stories in height. So yeah I plan things in my head all the time lol. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, j-man said:

Thank you. And yes I agree this is a tough time for real estate overall. I was thinking a hotel of at least 500 rooms would be great seeing as though it’s right near the stadium and all of these new office buildings. It would cut down just a bit more on how many out of town people come and want to stay somewhere near the stadium to catch a game and wouldn’t have to drive and park anywhere so that would cut down on the amount of cars and parking spaces needed for events at BofA stadium.  I would want it to be at least 25 stories in height. So yeah I plan things in my head all the time lol. 

I would imagine Legacy Union gets a hotel of at least 500 rooms, and 25 floors, so I don't think its just in your head. 

6 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Hopefully a Four Seasons, I feel that is the last luxury brand we are missing. 

Full Service Hyatt ( I would imagine uptown gets a 1000 room Hyatt Regency by 2025-26), and Leows will probably happen before a Four Seasons. 

2 hours ago, Owenorange said:

I didn’t realize Legacy 2 curves to match Hill street side. Makes me like the building even more. And makes it even stranger why they didn’t do it with Honeywell. 

ECB245B3-1339-45B8-84D7-41AB7F882F5E.jpeg

CUZ they decided 800 MORE parking spaces were more important :-(

5 minutes ago, DownEast said:

Probably easier to curve a bullet than a parking deck. 

WhoppingBestAracari-size_restricted.gif.7bc50ca80da6ea28df3f441b79f5d6c2.gif

I mean you could, but I'd imagine it'd just be much more inefficient. Curve a bullet, through movie magic all is possible.

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

CUZ they decided 800 MORE parking spaces were more important :-(

They could easily make the parking portion straight but give the outside exterior layer of the garages a curved shape along with the building. 

4 minutes ago, j-man said:

They could easily make the parking portion straight but give the outside exterior layer of the garages a curved shape along with the building. 

would have probably had to lose 20 spaces per floor

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

would have probably had to lose 20 spaces per floor

Not necessarily. I’m saying they can just leave the garage how it is but build up the screening and whatever other outside material in the shape of being curved. And then curve the actual office on top of it. 

6 minutes ago, j-man said:

Not necessarily. I’m saying they can just leave the garage how it is but build up the screening and whatever other outside material in the shape of being curved. And then curve the actual office on top of it. 

then they'd have to rezone to encroach further on the sidewalk.

58 minutes ago, j-man said:

This is one of Tampa's developments. Could do something like this for the parking deck. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

This is one of Tampa's developments. Could do something like this for the parking deck. 

Yes indeed and for LU it could be even glass around the parking deck to really make the illusion of a curved parking deck. 

• Like 1