Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

45 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

When will we hear the first rumors for phase 4?

I would say it might be next year or so as not sure what office tenants are out there looking now or what developers would partner with them on a residential project but maybe if construction costs moderate somewhat maybe something will get announced.   Hotels that is probably the last thing to be built now given the state of the lodging market. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I'm surprised ppl on here want the signage larger lol.  I think the size is fine imo.  Any larger and it would have detracted from the beauty of the building.  I thought the signage on BOAT was going to be small too but in person they're both pretty legible (BOAT signage is clear as day on TV for panthers games).  Crazy to think though...we went from a skyline with limited signage...to almost every new tower on stonewall having signage on the crown.  Shows the marketing power for the visibility to 277 & south end.

Lol I'm definitely not complaining.  I just thought it was sort of strange.  Usually these companies try to make signage obnoxiously large and this seemed like the opposite from the pictures.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, QCxpat said:

a7.jpg

a4.jpg

Great shots, QC and Mgelbach.  2 things:  The Deloitte sign does look bigger, brighter, and better in real life, I agree.  Also, am I the only one who thinks LU1 might not have been totally awkward and maybe even slightly attractive if they scraped off that pyramid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great shots, QC and Mgelbach.  2 things:  The Deloitte sign does look bigger, brighter, and better in real life, I agree.  Also, am I the only one who thinks LU1 might not have been totally awkward and maybe even slightly attractive if they scraped off that pyramid?

I like the pyramid but only from the corner angles. Even better when it’s lit up. On the flat sides straight on it doesn’t look proportional. Its set back a bunch from the sides mainly I think because of those notched corners on the upper part of the building. I don’t understand what the thinking was for that design at all. Looking straight on at the flat sides of the building the pyramid does look like a dunce cap or stubby pencil point just plopped on top and kind of an after thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2