Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

On 9/2/2020 at 2:46 PM, Mgelbach said:

I'm sure it'll pop and look great once it's lit up though. I think we should all be glad there's not another WEWORK sign that so large it's visible from space.

Just wait till the Truist signage goes up....

Bank of America and Deloitte did signage as of right, WeWork and Truist filed for a rezoning, but the Planning Department and Council don't care so they approved it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Mgelbach said:

I fA7307781-Edit.jpg

Beautiful shot. This picture really cements how much better designed the Legacy Union buildings have been for me compared to Ally. Bonus points to Crescent for street interaction but that building is second tier in my mind, especially with DEC towering in the back. 

Its LS3P>>LITTLE for me.

• Confused 1

Exactly, Ally Center is a game-changer in that it went against the norm and did the opposite (minimal lobby & maximum retail, esp for a bank).  I really hope LU4 takes a page from Ally.  Disappointed Deloitte tower is majority lobby facing the green plaza. Coupled with majority lobby by Boat. Despite the complaints about Ally’s crown, it’s still pretty transformational imo. It will probably have the best plaza vibe anywhere uptown. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

20 hours ago, j-man said:

I think at this point with the Coronavirus, if they announce anything for LU, it will be a residential building next. It’s the safest bet, if they want to continue building more along with this development without any breaks. 

There's room for another building in this complex?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, t_money said:

There's room for another building in this complex?

there is room for at least 1 one more high rise on the Tryon block and at least 2 more Church St block and 1 more tower could be added to each block if they really wanted to do that. 

there is a site plan in this marketing brochure.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/d5d097ac-e581-429b-bde7-ed4db8d45a49

• Like 2