Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Can’t wait for the next mega parking deck!

I think this current deck can support at least another tower without an attached garage. I’m thinking there will be one more office tower right beside the deck, a hotel on the side of that and then an midsized but wide residential tower on the lot left near LU 1. Just my prediction. 

• Like 1

JPMC might build Charlotte's first thousand footer.    They're spending billions on the new campus between Park and Madison in NY and has money to burn.   $500m  for a new Charlotte tower would be a drop in the bucket to them, and they're looking to grow in NC.

Edited by SydneyCarton

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

JPMC might build Charlotte's first thousand footer.    They're spending billions on the new campus between Park and Madison in NY and has money to burn.   $500m  for a new Charlotte tower would be a drop in the bucket to them, and they're looking to grow in NC.

All I know from JPM is their Charlotte area motto is to bring it to BoA in every facet. They want to be the bank in Charlotte. I wouldn't be surprised if that means a taller tower then BoA's. I don't know about 1000' though. 

• Like 2

JPM has 8 open positions in the Charlotte market as part time tellers and document clerks for a wealth manager and we are talking about them building a 1,000 foot corporate office..... LOL.

Banks grow their retail branch operations in cities all the time. I wouldn't look into Chase's expansion into Charlotte as anything more than a branch expansion until they start "testing" the market with corporate jobs like US Bank, Regions, and Ally did. Then the rumors might make sense. Otherwise, its just a retail banking expansion (like BofA is doing in Denver, Indianapolis, Salt Lake City, Pittsburgh, et.) BofA hasn't shifted a bunch of consumer banking corporate positions to Denver just because they added branches.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

JPM has 8 open positions in the Charlotte market as part time tellers and document clerks for a wealth manager and we are talking about them building a 1,000 foot corporate office..... LOL.
Banks grow their retail branch operations in cities all the time. I wouldn't look into Chase's expansion into Charlotte as anything more than a branch expansion until they start "testing" the market with corporate jobs like US Bank, Regions, and Ally did. Then the rumors might make sense. Otherwise, its just a retail banking expansion (like BofA is doing in Denver, Indianapolis, Salt Lake City, Pittsburgh, et.) BofA hasn't shifted a bunch of consumer banking corporate positions to Denver just because they added branches.

Well except they are already hiring jobs that aren’t branch banking jobs here in Charlotte, especially before Covid started. I think they are testing the waters. The rumors are there in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

I love how pretty much every new high rise going up in uptown has a lighting scheme. 

I second you on that notion!

I like how LU2 does have very minimal lighting though since it’s Sandwiched between the Big Lightshow Guns of LU1 & Ally.  That way it shouldn’t be too gaudy. 

Even Southend is beginning to light up its buildings.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I second you on that notion!

I like how LU2 does have very minimal lighting though since it’s Sandwiched between the Big Lightshow Guns of LU1 & Ally.  That way it shouldn’t be too gaudy. 

Even Southend is beginning to light up its buildings.

Yeah it's well done. Don't want things to start looking gaudy which would be easy to overdue with lighting schemes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...