Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, CLT_King said:

Heard directly from a Childress Klein employee that they will soon start construction of a new office tower in the corner of Tryon and Stonewall. Similar size to the Deloitte building. 

Good me thinks they have an anchor and I am still guessing US Bank but maybe someone else if around the same sq footage.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This was updated in June of 2021 and consistent of what they have said in the past.  504,000 sq ft office tower.  

anyone have an idea on what this looks like?  this is bigger than Legacy 2 the Deloitte tower they call 650 South Tryon tower.  watch this address as you know Lincoln Harris will start construction then release a rendering only after being outed.  

600 S Tryon St, Charlotte, NC | Office Space (commercialcafe.com)

Lets see Moodys found a home in the Railyard in the Allstate space,  Better.com says it wants to be uptown somewhere, MUFG maybe looking,  maybe another legal tenant being pushed out of Truist Tower.   I am sure  they have an anchor of some size to be on the verge of starting it. 

This is amazing news!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HopHead said:

So using the Deloitte office tower as a baseline, this new one would be about 40% bigger. So simple math says it will be in the 25 story range and ~400 ft tall. Not bad for that location. 

I am not sure it will be too much taller but hope so.  I think it is wider but I hope taller so they can build yet another tower on that block. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

This was updated in June of 2021 and consistent of what they have said in the past.  504,000 sq ft office tower.  

anyone have an idea on what this looks like?  this is bigger than Legacy 2 the Deloitte tower they call 650 South Tryon tower.  watch this address as you know Lincoln Harris will start construction then release a rendering only after being outed.  

600 S Tryon St, Charlotte, NC | Office Space (commercialcafe.com)

Lets see Moodys found a home in the Railyard in the Allstate space,  Better.com says it wants to be uptown somewhere, MUFG maybe looking,  maybe another legal tenant being pushed out of Truist Tower.   I am sure  they have an anchor of some size to be on the verge of starting it. 

Better is going in an existing building Uptown. They don't need much space though so it won't be a big space fill since most people will indefinitely work from home and the office will just be a gathering place for meetings.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wow!  Is that a filing with the buildings department for a new tower or a listing from a commercial broker seeking tenants for a possible new tower?  I hope the former!

This project is turning into Charlotte’s version of the Hudson Yards.

From Mr Lincoln Harris themselves I mean Lincoln Harris website.  It is long rumored and recently more confirmations by many and soil testing etc.  No word on what it looks like but I am told not like the Bank of America Tower at Legacy.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

From Mr Lincoln Harris themselves I mean Lincoln Harris website.  It is long rumored and recently more confirmations by many and soil testing etc.  No word on what it looks like but I am told not like the Bank of America Tower at Legacy.  

Wow!  You’ve got to love Charlotte!!

• Like 1