Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

20 hours ago, jednc said:

And there are many places in downtown Nashville that smell like urine. No thanks.

and this is truth on my spring visit during the morning Broadway did notice the smell of massive drinking on the streets.  Reminded me of New Orleans.  

Keep an eye out for any signs of the new tower everyone. 

• Like 4

I wonder if our friends are freeing up some cash to build a new Charlotte building?

U.S. Bank has sold a pair of buildings downtown, including its namesake tower that is one of the largest office buildings in St. Louis.

The bank sold U.S. Bank Plaza, its 36-story, 658,000-square-foot office building at 505 N. Seventh St., to a venture between MAP and Crescent Investment Group, a privately held commercial real estate company, bank spokesperson Evan Lapiska said in an email. Crescent is based in Atlanta.

The purchase, which closed in late October, also included the building that housed U.S. Bank's adjacent branch at 721 Locust St., Lapiska said. That branch closed last year amid the pandemic and will not reopen, he said. 

A purchase price wasn't disclosed. Officials with the city of St. Louis said they did not yet have a record of the transaction.

Built in 1975 and the fifth largest office building in the region, the U.S. Bank Plaza building had a 2020 appraised value of $33 million, according to city records. Among its most notable tenants is law firm Thompson Coburn. 

U.S. Bank Plaza will keep its name after the sale, Lapiska said. He added that U.S. Bank will sign a long-term lease with the owners of the office tower and keep its space there. The bank didn't immediately respond to questions about how much space it occupies in the building or how many employees work there. Lapiska said the sale wouldn't impact staffing levels or customer service.

The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal reported last month that parent company U.S. Bancorp, which is based in Minneapolis, is so far keeping with its return-to-office timeline, specified only as sometime in the fourth quarter this year.

“We’re proud to serve our customers in St. Louis and look forward to continuing to serve the community,” Lapiska said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Building permits for all three components (Foundation / Core / Frame) were all filed for last night.  It will take a few months to receive approval, but I'd guess we'll see actual foundation work begin in 1Q22.

great news and I knew it would happen while I am gone.

what is these new symbols on everyone's avatar and @Mgelbach has a little rocket?  

• Like 2

@Neo Responded to my message about responses no longer visible. He has made them "anonymous". One may not reply to a response directly. In my Notifications if there is a single respondent (Heart, Thank, etc.) it appears with the respondents board name. Multiple responses are not listed individually, but as "5 people..." Only the poster may see who respondents are, and not in all cases.

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

@Neo Responded to my message about responses no longer visible. He has made them "anonymous". One may not reply to a response directly. In my Notifications if there is a single respondent (Heart, Thank, etc.) it appears with the respondents board name. Multiple responses are not listed individually, but as "5 people..." Only the poster may see who respondents are, and not in all cases.

ryan reynolds hd GIF 

It's not a big deal, but strange regardless. 

• Like 4

Now I have three responses to my post just above about Neo and his reply to my question. Each response is from "somebody". A search for "somebody" in Members shows a join date of 8 October, 2008 and a last visit date of December 2009. "somebody" is a placeholder for other respondents rather than their avatar names. Some respondents are identified by their appropriate avatar. I cannot tell which respondent is real and which is a placeholder.

• Confused 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:19 AM, atlrvr said:

Building permits for all three components (Foundation / Core / Frame) were all filed for last night.  It will take a few months to receive approval, but I'd guess we'll see actual foundation work begin in 1Q22.

Atlrvr: Were the floors and height specified in the permits?  Was the architect identified?