Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

you know that NY based Mexican restaurant that was going into Ally that was replaced by another concept maybe it should take the corner space at the Deloitte tower.  I still think a nice upscale Mexican place would do well uptown especially at the corner.    Dos Caminos was the name.  https://www.doscaminos.com/  LH should go after them.  Corner high visibility location.  Part of the Landry group out of Houston.  

Agree. Uptown needs more Mexican options. If anything I think that del frisco grille should have gone to the Deloitte spot. Reasoning is you already have two very well establish restaurants at JW already in Deans steakhouse and Caroline’s Oyster. Mexican joint would have been a better fit that wouldn’t compete with those food genres. Plus the dress code for del fris doesn’t fit the Ally retail vibe. When you have a fun museum like the illusion at ally and a salad joint and ramen and potential food hall, this type of upscale restaurant would fit at the corner of Deloitte better imo. Additionally, I wouldn’t want to place a steakhouse anywhere near deans lol. They have a ton of good reviews. 
BE2E6770-C760-4844-93ED-EAA2636281E4.thumb.jpeg.155c4b1f657e344e7654a1b52a227d7a.jpeg

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not a huge Dos Caminos fan....it is very generically fine, but Southbound is much better taco spot.  That said, I do agree that end of Uptown would be better served with a Mexican joint than a steakhouse.  Ruth's Chris is also very close by.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

a high volume Italian or Mexican restaurant would do great at that Deloitte spot.  Why does every restaurant uptown need to be so high end and high dollar?  I would like a place people in jeans, shorts, 3 piece suits, fine dresses, team jerseys could all eat together in a fun atmosphere.  That is what most Mexican or Italian restaurants are like.   As much as I love high end steak houses do not get me wrong, I would rather have a more causal place that does great volumes of business.   They LH have the largest parking deck in the city outside of the airport even validate parking for this restaurant.  I wish Frank Scibelli would do a  mega Mama Ricottas there or even something like a Superica or the Mother of all Midwood Smokehouses!  Good food that doesn't require ATM withdrawals from the multiple banks nearby. 

Speaking of retail here are the LH spaces on the mega deck all vacant since completion along S Church St.  Why not some pop up shops like those on Winnifred or local based  food based businesses but they would have to LOWER the rent.  Here is their rent collections so far ZERO.  I know retail is an amenity for high end office space but long vacant retail shells serve no one.  Be innovative LH yes I am talking to you. 

IMG_6426.JPG

Wasn't there a rumor of a giant  LA Fitness style gym in this development?  I swear I remember someone posting that rumor a while back.

43 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Man, that retail facade sucks so bad. I can't imagine why nobody wants to go in there...

Right around the corner there is a great pedestrian plaza with retail facing as well. It gets shade in the afternoon and  could be a great pre-game spot. Anyone looking for a bike rack for BoA stadium events, there is one in this deck with a hundred yard walk to the Mint St entrance. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Man, that retail facade sucks so bad. I can't imagine why nobody wants to go in there...

Those retail spaces look like storage units. To this day I just do not understand why they put that brick on the building and the garage. It looks so bland to me. They should have just carried the silver siding all the way down to give it a sleek look. Its like modern meets old fashion.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, JeanClt said:

Was the idea that office workers would pop by and workout during lunch? Or… lol.

Of course! Companies often subsidize even 100% of the cost for gym membership. 

My company has a huge full service gym, sauna, great showers and I use it during the work day haha. Because when is a better time to work out than during work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, JeanClt said:

Was the idea that office workers would pop by and workout during lunch? Or… lol.

I mean, I take it you never went to the Y in One Wells or the other gym in the Omni at lunch. Both used to be packed. Tbh I go tot he Y some times now, and it is getting more crowded each week. Nothing like it used to be though

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JeanClt said:

I’d read up on Lifetime Fitness before you make a joke. They offer large co-working opportunities that come with gym membership, therapy for you body, therapy for your mind, and offer tons of recreational activities that people utilize throughout the day. They also have a robust corporate wellness initiative that is utilized nationwide by some of the largest companies in the USA. They are a powerhouse and corporations use them to subsidize their healthcare costs because a healthy workforce is a cheaper workforce to insure. Lets not forget theres time before and after work to go.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 3

Lincoln Harris has a relationship with Lifetime Fitness too with a huge location and one of the first to commit to Rea Farms Village.

In downtown Houston there is a 60,000 sq ft Lifetime Fitness  https://www.lifetime.life/life-time-locations/tx-greenstreet-houston.html

110,000 sq ft Lifetime Fitness in downtown Austin https://www.lifetime.life/life-time-locations/tx-austin-downtown.html

and this mega location in midtown Dallas with Lifetime Workspace coworking https://www.lifetime.life/life-time-locations/tx-dallas-midtown.html

Honestly this is one area LH could make their Legacy project stick out

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SydneycartonII said:

Is excavation still continuing here?  Does anyone know if steel will begin rising before Christmas?

I have my tickets to see the Chelsea match.  I look forward to it.

Excavations yes - deep foundation work yes.  Definitely a very good possibility we could see this building beginning vertical construction before Christmas.  Typically once the tower Crane goes up on this site they’re usually with 30 days of going vertical.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Excavations yes - deep foundation work yes.  Definitely a very good possibility we could see this building beginning vertical construction before Christmas.  Typically once the tower Crane goes up on this site they’re usually with 30 days of going vertical.

That would be a good Christmas present.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneycartonII said:

That would be a good Christmas present.

Developments like Legacy Union have Building Pads and Utility stubs that make for quicker construction of projects.  That and it’s location is usually a selling point they use to procure builders/tenants, although I think Lincoln Harris will be Master developer of all the LU Building Sites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1