Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I think that's why the city was used as a benchmark.

Anyway, the good thing about Charlotte (possibly) getting a retail center is that it will be during a time when it can be built to reflect modern shopping trends. So instead of having a mall built for the past (with say a large anchor like Macy's or Sears) that has failing tenants and leaving large parts of those malls empty, a retail center here could reflect modern times. Maybe the largest anchor being a smaller H&M and such. No Belks or Macy's. Smaller formatted stores. For example Anthropologie is going in SouthEnd. Downtown Greenville has several major retailers. Retail tenants such as Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, and the fancier places I could totally see working. As opposed to the traditional Macy's old school style malls such as the one in downtown Indy. 

That's fine.  I was just pointing out that it's not all doom and gloom that some seem to think or are trying to portray.   Downtown MPLS is seeing record numbers in terms of residents, office workers, private investment, hotel rooms, etc.  and areas like North Loop and Downtown East are doing very well.  It will be interesting to see if whether or not Nicollet Mall can recover from the changing retail climate and its recent renovation. 

I would think stores like Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters would really struggle in most US downtown areas.  Stores like H&M, Nordstrom Rack, Saks Off Fifth, etc.., however, would do well.

Edited by Twin Citian

1 hour ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

Personally, I think that Minneapolis is a better city than Charlotte.  However, I could not endure those eight month winters.

Haha.  I don't think anyone would be able to handle eight months of winter.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

Personally, I think that Minneapolis is a better city than Charlotte.  However, I could not endure those eight month winters.

how about 8 months of pollen?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

Have had an open mind (sometimes reluctantly) about your posts, but whats up with the above? Do YOU see anything constructive about it other than an exaggerated secondary statement that does not successfully distract from the first?  Make an argument, with facts, not a baseless opinion on which anyone can tell you are inciting drama based on where you have posted it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nowensone said:

Have had an open mind (sometimes reluctantly) about your posts, but whats up with the above? Do YOU see anything constructive about it other than an exaggerated secondary statement that does not successfully distract from the first?  Make an argument, with facts, not a baseless opinion on which anyone can tell you are inciting drama based on where you have posted it.

If you're so insecure about Charlotte, then you need to consult someone.  In my view, Minneapolis, like many other third tier cities, such as Denver, Austin, Portland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Salt Lake, are better than Charlotte.  

All of the second tier cities (Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Atlanta, and Miami) are better than Charlotte too.  It's my opinion.

Edited by edmundblackadder1999

If you're so insecure about Charlotte, then you need to consult someone.  In my view, Minneapolis, like many other third tier cities, such as Denver, Austin, Portland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Salt Lake, are better than Charlotte.  
All of the second tier cities (Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Atlanta, and Miami) are better than Charlotte too.  It's my opinion.

I can see you argument on some of the second tier cities listed, but Cincinnati? Come on man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

That's true.  I simply stated my opinion.  Not everyone likes old buildings.  I do.

Nonetheless, Hamboner and Lewy apparently were offended that I said other cities were better.  That's absurd.  London is my favorite city, but I would not be offended if people preferred NY or Paris.  I simply wouldn't care.

As someone initially from NY, I regard Clt as a nice little city.  To me, it's tiny, but I like it.  If some of these guys can't take the fact that not everyone thinks it's the next Dubai or Shanghai, then they need mental counseling.

Edited by edmundblackadder1999

48 minutes ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

Cincinnati, Pittsburg, SLC, and Denver have beautiful old architecture which CLT lacks.  I like old buildings and prefer those cities for that reason.

BS! Charlotte is a much nicer city architecturally speaking with it's very attractive buildings. What is you definition of old?  If you want old, go to Boston, Charleston, or an old city. The ones you mentioned simply are "not" old. You may not have a clue..  

6 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

BS! Charlotte is a much nicer city architecturally speaking with it's very attractive buildings. What is you definition of old?  If you want old, go to Boston, Charleston, or an old city. The ones you mentioned simply are "not" old. You may not have a clue..  

Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
SLC
Denver

• Like 3