Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Just in case anyone was having trouble envisioning the latest site plan in context of the rest of uptown. This gives us clues about the use of the newest phase land. I'd expect a building about 6-8 floors taller than Catalyst maybe 33-36 floors

Screen-Shot-2017-05-04-at-8.51.45-AM.jpg

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Would that be fairly close in height to the main office tower (minus the pyramid), or are the residential floors shorter from floor to ceiling?

Residential and hotel floors are generally much shorter than office level floors like 10 feet compared 15-18 feet for office floors. But anyway it would be a good height at 30 plus stories even if just 300-330 feet tall. 

• Like 2

Latest Speculation. 

At first I was concerned because they are keeping the ROW for Poplar. I was sure this would be yet another parking deck, adding to the 3,546 spaces already planned (1,456 more than Duke Energy, which serves 1.5M sq feet of office, two museums, a performing arts center and a 394 unit apartment building, hint hint, wink, nudge, should give you an idea of the scale of what is to come. 

Then I thought of it more optimistically, and thought, hey maybe this will be an addition PED connection to the Promenade, giving yet another storefront space fronting a street. Just a thought. Its what I'd do, hopefully they do that too.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 12.36.39 PM.png

On another note. Not that this is actually a good indicator of anything but the Levine Center for the Arts Campus, including the Duke Energy and Mint Museum Tower is 2,160,000 Sq feet of total occupyable space (35k (Bechtler), 75k (Knight Museum), 145k (Mint), and 1.55M for the Power Tower, 310k for Museum Tower) That equates to 1028 spaces per million square feet of development. So we theoretically have enough parking for 3.45M sq feet of space. 

Edited by Guest

39 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This still unnamed project is the Charlotte version of Brickell City Center or Hudson Yards obviously on smaller scale.  It is really time for a name to unify this 2 block project. 

Stonewall Center would be a good name. But I can't wait to see more detaiks

• Like 2

Just now, AirNostrumMAD said:

Stonewall Center would be a good name. But I can't wait to see more detaiks

I've been calling it "Journalist Square" with friends that work at the Observer. 

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

At first I was concerned because they are keeping the ROW for Poplar. I was sure this would be yet another parking deck, adding to the 3,546 spaces already planned (1,456 more than Duke Energy, which serves 1.5M sq feet of office, two museums, a performing arts center and a 394 unit apartment building, hint hint, wink, nudge, should give you an idea of the scale of what is to come

If that's true. LH did a fantastic job. Would have liked a urban mall, but that compliments the history of the site so much better. 

45 minutes ago, mpretori said:

If that's true. LH did a fantastic job. Would have liked a urban mall, but that compliments the history of the site so much better. 

I must not have read between the lines. What compliments the history of the site better than having an urban mall?

13 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I must not have read between the lines. What compliments the history of the site better than having an urban mall?

I Still expect a LOT of retail. 

12 hours ago, nowensone said:

Retail along Mint, seems so obvious, THAT hurts.  Even 25 feet thin, perfect for small shops and a drinking establishment or two.

Don't discount the space left over. There is 24,500 sq feet of space left over for retail. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.49.47 AM.png