Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, Dale said:

And I'm assuming they can engineer a modest height increase even after construction has commenced ?

Depends on the foundation design. If they intentionally over-designed the foundation loads for flexibility, yes. That window will quickly close, though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm not a engineer, civil engineer or a architect so I'll rely on someone like @tozmervo @archiham04 @EngineerCLT or @49er. This sounds like a height increase to me, if they are adding another elevator shaft, and revising the framing up to L35 to accomodate building changes. 

So I assume your are referring to a plan review revision narrative?.... If so, they would no be able to mask adding a floor.  They would need to telegraph that pretty explicity.  This is either adding flexiblity, adding above code, or adding because something got overlooked or interpreted differently.

This short Costar article talks about 600 South Tryon tower a 16 story tower a ghost listing perhaps or something they are trying to gauge interest on to get some preleasing.  This 16 story other tower is 504,000 which means the floorplates are fairly large.  Also they state BofA will take the top 20 floors which of course are the prime floors and great view of the stadium. Maybe CEO Brian will get his own desk here and spend more time here. http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Lincoln-Harris-Begins-Construction-on-32-Story-Office-Tower-on-S-Tryon/190970  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

On 5/23/2017 at 11:00 AM, 49er said:

This is a new rendering and angle I haven't seen yet. They keep tweaking the building and it is finally growing on me.

If Lincoln Harris wanted to build a junior One Atlantic center why didn't they just save themselves a bunch of money and take a field trip to ATL?  It's almost as bad as Vanilla Ice ripping off Queen; no, no, ours is different, see; theirs has a little gold doodle thingie on top!  Not the same at all!

One Atlantic Center.jpg

Edited by Tyrone Wiggum
  • Like 3

Another new nugget from permitting: "Relocation of Hill Street and expanded podium Removed level 4 office and terraces above parking Added two levels into the mid rise portion of the tower Relocated level 27 terraces to level 28 Rotated level 33 terraces 90 degrees"

So it's confirmed 2 floors taller but I'm not sure if that is 31-33, 32-34 or 33-35. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 49er said:

Another new nugget from permitting: "Relocation of Hill Street and expanded podium Removed level 4 office and terraces above parking Added two levels into the mid rise portion of the tower Relocated level 27 terraces to level 28 Rotated level 33 terraces 90 degrees"

So it's confirmed 2 floors taller but I'm not sure if that is 31-33, 32-34 or 33-35. 

Taller than 632 now?

3 hours ago, Squid7085 said:

As it happens, I was in the office today and snapped a few pictures. Not much change, but it looks like they have started "burying" the basement area and are starting to go vertical. No progress or any movement by the parking garage site.

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

Great pics, how high up are for reference. I'm about to break out some trig...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpretori said:

Am I seeing something, but it looks like the tunnel is in use? Will the tunnel still be a part of the finished product? 

It will be underground passageway to the larger parking garage or a service tunnel but it will stay 

• Like 1