Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

14 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

D'oh! I logged on this morning, saw the comments, did a quick perusal...eyes glanced right past it.

For posterity:  

Man, you try to access that fourth article in thirty days, on the Charlotte Observer, and they come out to your house and board up your windows.

• Like 3

I would like to see the 526 S Church St Duke Bldg and their data center on the corner of MLK Jr Blvd and S Church St both go away.  The data center replaced by a 1000 room 40 story JW, and the 526 Bldg replaced by putting in a pathway from the GSLH project to Romare Bearden and putting a 40 story Condo on the corner of S Church and Stonewall.

40 story anything is a pipe dream in this town. 

Speaking that that there will be at lease 1 40 floor residential tower on this site, I wouldn't say that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pyramid? I thought that was office, and topped out at 36-38 or so, with the added 2 floors. I must have missed something if there is going to be a 40+ story residential condo. 

You haven't missed anything. There's 4 towers left to announce (phased out over 5-8 years) from what I was told yesterday. Also the pyramid will be 632 feet, which is basically the height of a 40 floor building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I know that the data center is getting demoed in 2019.  The city I believe actually owns the land, and was leasing the land to Duke.  Now that the data center is relocated to Univ City, the building is coming down.  I suspect since it is on the same parcel as the convention center and already controlled by the city, this is where we will see our new "mega hotel", but I honestly hope it is less than 1,000 room.....600-800 is more than appropriate.  I think JW is a likely candidate, but I doubt any of that is officially in the works yet.

Exactly my thoughts. It would be great if a 1,000+ room hotel went here. Easily enough space to do so.

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I sure the Towers at Covfefe Plaza won't come cheap LOL Thinking of more names for this project maybe The Gold Standard homage to our gold mining history in this area. 

Do you know how some things are just annoying?  Your labeling of "Covfefe" Plaza is now in that category.  It has lost it's sparkle.

20 hours ago, KJHburg said:

anywhere else in the country this 2 block project would have a grand sounding name like Charlotte City Centre (notice the spelling) or One Charlotte Center or something. This is a huge project more than $1 billion with reportedly 4-5 high rise towers. Or how about Charlotte Central Plaza CCP come on Lincoln Harris you are spending the big bucks name it! PS Please put up the webcam too. 

Johnny Harris lives in 1987. No such thing as a webcam. 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2017 at 9:01 AM, atlrvr said:

I know that the data center is getting demoed in 2019.  The city I believe actually owns the land, and was leasing the land to Duke.  Now that the data center is relocated to Univ City, the building is coming down.  I suspect since it is on the same parcel as the convention center and already controlled by the city, this is where we will see our new "mega hotel", but I honestly hope it is less than 1,000 room.....600-800 is more than appropriate.  I think JW is a likely candidate, but I doubt any of that is officially in the works yet.

atlrvr is correct.  That building is going to get demoed (eventually).  I work in that building and I'm slated to be relocated to Univ City or somewhere Uptown late this year or early next year, wherever they can find me a cubicle.  Preferably, I'd rather work remotely or Uptown since the drive from South End to Univ City is not a lot of fun.

• Like 3