Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I think this building could be far more interesting, from a skyline perspective, if it has some creative lighting. I'd love to see each diamond in the pyramid light up a different color. Could have a pretty dramatic effect and could provide for some more depth to our touchdown light show during home games.

• Like 4

Just read that in Nashville they are getting a new 27.000 sq ft H&M store downtown which made me think what happened to the retail promised for this project? Is it  contingent on more towers or will it be on both sides of the entrance way of the 33 story office tower from Tryon? Downtown Nashville may have more hotels and tourists but Uptown Charlotte clearly has more office workers and residents.  Anybody know some updates? 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

Just read that in Nashville they are getting a new 27.000 sq ft H&M store downtown which made me think what happened to the retail promised for this project? Is it  contingent on more towers or will it be on both sides of the entrance way of the 33 story office tower from Tryon? Downtown Nashville may have more hotels and tourists but Uptown Charlotte clearly has more office workers and residents.  Anybody know some updates? 

Tryon, church mint and stonewall at the least should be more or less lined with retail. Last numbers I heard were in the 250k area. But who knows could have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd expect a floor per week after they get through the first 4 floors.....I'm going to guess sometime in April for occupiable floor + a few more weeks to do the crown (which may be on a delay if it is screening mechanical)....so with that said, I'm not sure this will be more than 15 stories by the end of football season.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 9:18 AM, AP3 said:

Pics from yesterday.07ff797424cb831fcbe11e256ff94e5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting note referring to this last image. While walking to work down Tryon today, I noticed they were removing most of the Red "A Joint Venture" signage and replacing them with standard green screening. Speculate away.

29 minutes ago, Squid7085 said:

Interesting note referring to this last image. While walking to work down Tryon today, I noticed they were removing most of the Red "A Joint Venture" signage and replacing them with standard green screening. Speculate away.

Someone has too much time on their hands?

8 hours ago, Squid7085 said:

There's every chance that LH simply decided they didn't want the contractors to be able to advertise in that way. Job signs can be weird, political things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tozmervo said:

There's every chance that LH simply decided they didn't want the contractors to be able to advertise in that way. Job signs can be weird, political things.

Very true.  We have run into multiple instances where the owner will not allow signage (especially on large projects) unless it was a specifically agreed upon item in the proposal.