Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 minute ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I knew Harris would stir something up with the PGA in town. Legacy Union is vague. It sounds like a public golf course. 

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Hope that wasn't the mega announcement.

No it is not Allstate is adding 2250 jobs in Charlotte on top of their current 1400 jobs in University Research Park. No mention of where they are going yet but I would assume Innovation Park a build to suit would be the ideal location but unsure at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

No it is not Allstate is adding 2250 jobs in Charlotte on top of their current 1400 jobs in University Research Park. No mention of where they are going yet but I would assume Innovation Park a build to suit would be the ideal location but unsure at this point. 

Gotcha, so the poster was joshing about Tryon Place being announced today ?

26 minutes ago, Dale said:

Gotcha, so the poster was joshing about Tryon Place being announced today ?

my contact said the soonest that'd happen is September 1st. THE SOONEST

Gotta give Ely some credit though. He got more out of Johnno than anyone has, we didn't learn much more than we already knew here.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Sounds like a retirement community.  

I guess it works though.  Building that looks like it was designed in 1988 given a name that sounds like a new type of Buick sedan.  I was really holding out hope for "LeBaron Tower"

At least it isn't Town and Country Plaza... Although Lincoln (Harris) (Inter) Continental Center would have a nice ring to it ;) (bc they need 2 intercontinentals downtown lol)

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

my contact said the soonest that'd happen is September 1st. THE SOONEST

Gotta give Ely some credit though. He got more out of Johnno than anyone has, we didn't learn much more than we already knew here.

The interview was really great. I loved how "Charlotte" Harris was in the interview. Very direct, not pissing on your leg and calling it rain. Reminds me of how Jerry Orr or other big players in Charlotte speak. 

They have a website. 

http://legacyunioncharlotte.com/

there's a webcam too on there

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

I publicly on this forum asked for a name and webcam and finally today we have both. Like the Legacy part of the name but not so much the union part. The webcam is I guess from the stadium and is fine. I still wonder how a 1000 room hotel can be built in uptown without lots of public dollars.   However I do like the tower design because it is different for Charlotte and that I think adds to the skyline. It is classic design.  Like the fact he is trying to do a lot of retail too. 

• Like 4